simple of theme for digital products

Highlighted
3 0 0

hello, i am looking for a simple theme for my store. we sell research reports under a PDF format so I am looking for themes akin to e-book stores with simple cover + text description page.  i can't seem to find some sober themes easily.

thanks for your suggestions

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
805 53 123

Hey there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

Based on my understanding of what you're looking for most of our themes would work since they all allow for cover images to be added and they allow for an item description to be added. These are two features that come natively with all Shopify themes.

With that said I did take a look at our theme store to see what themes might be worth looking into. The first ones that come to mind are:

These three are in no way what you're limited to using, but it might be a good starting point! I just noticed that they had a list of items that might have a layout that works for what you're looking to sell. If you want to take a look at other options you can go to our theme store and use the filter bar on the side to limit the options with features that you want. 

2020-03-xbyww-2x90y

Are there some other features that you're looking for? If I know a bit more about what you need then I can maybe even help you narrow down more themes.

Unrelated to your theme choice I wanted to add additional information for selling items like e-books. Since it's not a physical product you have to have a way to get the digital goods to your customer. Now you could just give them a link to google drive in their invoice where they can download it, but that's messy and there is room for error. My suggestion is for you is to look into an app like Digital Downloads or Send Owl. This will allow your customers to download the item right after purchase without you having to do anything. 

Please let me know if you have more questions or need more assistance. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

thank you very much dallas for the prompt response.

i should have been more clear in my question: I am looking for a theme already setup to sell and download e-books directly - a theme with everything already integrated.   

I am not looking for a generic theme that I will have to tweak with add-ons to process sales and automatic download.

Also both the 2 apps that you mentioned seem to have technical issues and not great reviews.

does such a theme already exist?

thank you

michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
805 53 123

Oh, I see! 

That isn't something that exists, but I do have 2 options that could work for you. 

First: Take a look at the Exchange Marketplace. With that, you could purchase an already made store that is set up to sell digital ebooks. Then once you purchase it you could just delete the items in that store and you could add your own products. 

Follow this link to get to the Exchange Marketplace 

Second: You could contact the Shopify Experts who could custom build a site for you all ready to sell with all the features that you'll need. That way you wouldn't have to build it yourself and it will be customized how you want it. 

Follow this link to get to the Shopify Experts

For what you're looking to achieve these would be the best options for you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
ok thank you
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
805 53 123

You're very welcome! 

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

0 Likes