store speed

kldlaz
Excursionist
79 0 6

my store speed score is 33 

how can i improve it?

there are file in he snippets that start with the  name of app that i had removed

can i remove these file

list avado

smartseo

and others

0 Likes
JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
130 10 69

Hi @kldlaz 

Firstly, a Speed Score of 33 is pretty decent. On average, we typically see these scores range between 10-30 on all the Shopify stores we work on.

One of the biggest factors that influence this score tends to be installed apps. You mentioned a few apps you uninstalled, but still see related app code/files for them.

If you can ensure that the app files aren't associated with any other code in your theme (pretty high chance they aren't) then you should be ok to remove those files. 

I'd actually recommend finding where those snippets are being used in your theme and commenting them out first. This way you aren't deleting the file just yet, but you can also double-check to make sure that removing the snippet doesn't break anything in your theme.

Here's an example of how you could comment out the snippet from being executed:

{% comment %}
    snippet code
{% endcomment %}

I'd also recommend running your store's URL through the Shopify Analyzer to see if any other optimization opportunities exist. It's a free tool our team built to help out the Shopify community.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our optimization team at speedboostr.com/contact. Best of luck!

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)
made4Uo
Tourist
53 0 2

Have you run your website with https://web.dev/measure/ - provided by google. It will help you figure out what is wrong. I have a low score as well. I made changes to the themes and delete some pages in my navigation that I did not use

0 Likes