Solved

Why is there no sound on my Shopify page video?

richardmathis
Tourist
6 0 0

richmathis.com 

Hey everybody!! Thanks in advance for your help. I inserted a video at the end of my page. The video plays, but no sound. How do I fix this?

Accepted Solution (1)

Prezentech
Shopify Partner
389 76 100

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @richardmathis ,

Please select the style to "Image with play button" in video section settings.

prezentech_0-1600427298698.png

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Do you need custom changes on store ? Hire us.
Feel free to Contact me for shopify help on support@prezentech.com
Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Design and Development | Shopify App Development

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Prezentech
Shopify Partner
389 76 100

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @richardmathis ,

Please select the style to "Image with play button" in video section settings.

prezentech_0-1600427298698.png

Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Design and Development | Shopify App Development
Nikki_Gentry
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Where is this found:  Please select the style to "Image with play button" in video section settings.

bluedaisy
Visitor
1 0 1

it's found on the settings tab bottom left. However videos are set with you tube links so I don't see how this will solve the problem. I have the same issue. The youtube video link does not have sound on my shopify page. 

henok123
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I can not see "Image with play button" anywhere, how else to solve this? I am using video hero. Settings do not show STYLE Image with play button

Prezentech
Shopify Partner
389 76 100

@henok123 Please try this settings in the theme.
https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/video-but-no-sound/m-p/884308/highlight/true#M222734

henok123
Visitor
2 0 0

I do not see any of this - do you have another link where it shows how to manage and where to find video settings?

bmixed2022
Visitor
1 0 0

Did anyone get a solution for this sound not playing?  I do not see a setting to turn on sound.

blakenewton
Visitor
2 0 0

same! did anyone find a solution?

daviehansen
Visitor
1 0 2

I finally figured this one out. Super annoying that its not a simple setting configuration in shopify.

To fix it I had to go to my website layout in Shopify and choose the option to edit Code. Then go down and select the Settings data.Json Then Press CTRL + F on your keyboard and search for the word muted. When you find that change it to Unmuted. There are 4 or 5 spots to change this, so just use the option to find them all and update them to unmuted. Then save the code.  

That solved the issue for me in shopify and not all my videos audio plays perfectly.

Untitled.jpg

morepower
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

How do you access the code? I don't see any code or folders as per your screenshot. Thx.