2 0 1

that wasnt the question 

microsoft ads asks for url. can u verify this is correct

conv.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
2 0 0

What comes after /checkouts/payments? Does the user see some sort of thank you screen? I'd like that url if possible.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
586 33 94

Hi, @ADL7.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

I'm happy to shed some light on your question.

After a customer enters and confirms their payment at checkout, at the bottom of the screen there will be a "Complete order" button to complete their order process.

Here's a screenshot of what this looks like:

20-06-fyw1c-obyb0 

After clicking this button and completing the order, the customer will be taken to a "Thank You" page to show the details of their order: products they purchased, the total amount, along with their payment type and shipping and billing address. They will also be shown ways to track their order. 

I placed an order on my test store so that you can see what this looks like:

20-06-nlp27-r9sol

As each completed order is unique, the URL for the thank you page will be unique and no two URLs are the same. Is there a specific reason you're looking to receive the URL?

Please reply to this thread so that I can take a further look! 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

@TiraHi Tira, I am also trying to set-up conversion tracking in Google Analytics. .

I understand that URL are always different after customer presses the complete order button, but will the url have a particular stucture i.e. amazon.com/thankyou12345?

In Google Analytics I can say the destination url begins with, equals to, or regular expression.  Thank you!analytics setup.GIF

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
586 33 94

Hey, @Rutger.

Tira here, from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out. 

This is something that some merchants have requested. The URL for the order details page cannot be customized. I understand this may not be ideal and so I would like to forward this as a suggestion to our developer team so that they are aware of how we can improve our platform for you and all of our merchants. If we go ahead with this suggestion we will post an update in our changelog or announcements page.  

What is your myshopify.com URL? I'd like to add your name to our feedback list. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Thanks for your support @Tira. I believe it should be possible with Event tracking, by adding javascript snippets.

See info here:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/enhanced-ecommerce?hl=en_US...

Unfortunately, I don't understand javascript and English is not my first language.

My shopify url: https://home-productivity.myshopify.com/

Regards,

Rutger

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
586 33 94

Thanks for your store URL and the additional information, @Rutger.

It sounds like you want to set-up Google Ads conversion tracking. Is that right? 

If so, we have a guide on setting this up in your theme, here: Google Ads conversion tracking. This helps you track the actions that users take on your store after people click on your ads. 

I am curious to see what the community has to suggest!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi @Tira What I want to do is optimize my store for conversion, but first I need to understand where most people drop.

Say I have 100 visitors, how many reach collections page, products page, cart page, shipping page etc. I'd like to visualize the whole funnel.

I have set-up a "add to cart" goal with destination url:  /cart  and now I can see the previous steps, but to track the whole funnel I need the destination url of the thank you page, right?

afbeelding.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Try /thank_you as the url ending, worked for me.
0 Likes