what plan do i need to be on to be able to import a theme. at present im on the 30$ month scheme

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

i want to import a theme but my basic plan won t allow it.  what plan ought i be on

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
583 33 72

Hi, @Frank38 !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you.

You should be able to import a theme when using any plan that includes the online store feature. This is available by default on the free trial, and after your trial has finished it would then be from the Basic plan upwards. The only plan where this feature would not be available is when using the Lite plan.

I am sorry to hear that you seem to be having difficulty with this. Being on the Basic plan it should indeed be working for you. There are a couple of things which we can cross-check to help:

• Could you let me know if you are seeing an error messages?
  • Could you also let me know how this theme has been built? With Shopify our themes are built using Liquid. Have you built this theme yourself, or have you purchased this elsewhere? If the latter, I would check in with the theme developer to make sure that their theme is compatible with Shopify.

If your theme is compatible, I would then ensure that your browser is fully up to date before attempting to add this to the theme section of your admin. Do also ensure to upload this as a .zip file. We have some info on this here

I hope this helps - do let me know if you have any questions at all.

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes