1 Order with Inventory from 2 warehouses - Needs two separate labels - Order splits automatically

Highlighted
4 0 0

We have 1 warehouse in the USA and another located in Canada. We sell products from both in our shopify store, and just recently began implementing their "multiple location inventory" features which are very handy as it splits the items on each order based upon which warehouse needs to fulfill it. My issue is with each warehouse getting their shipping labels and knowing what items to ship as it is not feasible to go into each order manually and create two separate labels as there are too many orders to make this possible. We had previously been using Shipstation which pulls in the Shopify order, but does not receive any details from shopify regarding the different shipping locations of the items, and lumps them together. As for right now, I am having to split these orders in shipstation manually, and create the labels for the USA warehouse. I then have to go into a second Shipstation account for the Canadian locationg (They make you use separate accounts for different countries) and have to manually create each order for the items being fulfilled by Canada Warehouse. I know there must be some other sellers which have multiple warehouses and do not have to do everything manually. I would really appreciate some input as to what others do with having two warehouses and needing to create shipping labels for each. Thank you so much!

Here is the order after import within shipstation showing that is is still combined:

Picture showing that the order is still all together within shipstation after importPicture showing that the order is still all together within shipstation after import

Here is the order in Shopify showing that it is split based on warehousing location prior to import into shipstation:

Picture of Shopify order prior to importing into shipstationPicture of Shopify order prior to importing into shipstation

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the exact same issue as you. Any chance you were able to get it to split in shipstation? Hope we can figure this out... my other solution is to have the other warehouse ship first. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
We have worked with both Shipstation and Shopify on this issue. As of
4/20/2020 Shipstation does not support this feature. When shipstation
fulfills an order, they send a notice to Shopify to mark the order as
fulfilled. The issue is that the message they send to shopify is not item
specific, so it fulfills the entire order regardless of what you do or how
the order is split in shipstation. I would happily move to another shipping
manager if anyone manages to solve this issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Did anyone resolve this? I'm encountering the same issue and was told that the current best workflow was the split the order in shipstation then fill the complete part. Not sure it'll split across accounts easily 

0 Likes