1000 Variant per day limit

2 0 1

its not gurus they just know some areas in shopify we eventually will know too lol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi there,

This is really a bad joke - I started some month ago to build my ecommerce on shopify and now it was for nothing? 

How should I do business if i'm only able to upload around 8-10 products per day?

Found anyone a solution or plans to move to another shop supplier?

Brgs,

Martin

2 Likes
Tourist
9 1 2

Have you already added more than 50,000 variants to your site? If not, You don't have the 1000 variant/day cap yet. If so, your limit of the number of products you can add are all determined by how many variants each product has.

For Instance, if each product has 10 variants (or an average of 10), then you are looking at adding about 100 products per day.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Wow, Unbelievable! Bigcommerce and Volusion thanks you Shopify, Great Job! I can now only upload a maximum of 10 products a day, no longer make any bulk changes to product information efficiently and hope that I have no errors in my csv which I have to wait to fix the next day.

Such an ill thought out, poorly implemented and ultimately self-harming move by Shopify only serves to restrict hard working customers efforts, choke their progress and make them less competitive and responsive.

Unfortunately, we still have to temporarily put up with our Shopify site even though its now a dead man walking because of this change. We are making plans to move on from this toy eventually to a more credible option, most likely Magento.

The shopify.com website is also less than forthright, you may be able to have unlimited products, but only if you are extremely patient and persistent.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
25 0 2

They did not tell large stores, either. 

0 Likes
Tourist
9 1 2

No, they did not. They slipped it into the documentation quietly and made no effort to warn users.

0 Likes
Excursionist
20 0 12

I just tried for the hell of it today and I was able to upload 2000+ variants today.

I don't know if anyone has tried or this is some temporary glitch. 

Let me know

0 Likes
7 0 0

Let's bump this. Email Tobi.

tobi@shopify.com

0 Likes
Excursionist
20 0 12
What should we tell him?
0 Likes
7 0 0

to change this crap! it's effecting peoples businesses. they could have easily offered an upgrade option for more space/bandwidth that doesn't require dishing out $2,000/mo and about $200,000 startup costs

https://paulnrogers.com/shopify-plus-pricing-cost-ownership/

• Average build cost for Shopify Plus (in my experience) – $60,000 – $200,000 (depending on SI you use, the scope of the project etc)
  • Annual Shopify Plus licensing cost – starting at $24,000 per year (starts at $2k per month and increases based on you exceeding $800k turnover in a month. The additional fee is a % of the additional amount and it’s relatively competitive still)
  • BAU development costs (in my experience) – $36,000 per year
  • Third party services costs (e.g. NOSTO for personalisation, ShipperHQ for shipping, Klevu for search etc) – $7,200 peer year
  • App costs (average) – $3,000 ($250 per month)

First Year Shopify Plus Cost: $130,200 – 270,200

Three Year Shopify Plus Cost of Ownership: $270,600 – $410,600

0 Likes