1000 Variant per day limit

7 0 0

Purchase a new car? No. I need an unlimited rate limit which is standard on any other hosting site. So I have to pay shopify. 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

yeah it's really a pain, can't upload more than 20 products per day - as a fashion/accessoires store this is a huge busines breaker.

On other plattforms i'm able to upload up to 4000 products per day. How shall I be competitive against something like this? 

No chance. 

0 Likes
2 0 1

Hi, Im in the same boat here. Signed up very recently as Shopify seemed to be perfect. I have around 40 product types eg polo shirts, hoodies and on each of these I have around 400 designs that I embroider or print onto. 300K+ variants easy. 

I wish I knew this before spending the last week figuring the system out and splashing 180$ on a premium theme yesterday! Then I find out about the throttle limit today when my uploads are getting knocked back.

Cant believe this is not on the shopify sign up page when it clearly states unlimited inventory.

I hope I get a full refund here and for the premium theme as I certainly wouldnt have paid for it yesterday knowing I would need to spend the next 10 years uploading daily. Seriously peed off.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi 

Welcome on board! You are lucky you recognized this after some week. I already configured everything, did manual adjustment on templates, had ordered examples from different supplier ... spend a lot money and time and then got hit by this s!it. So i "enjoy" my daily uploads of 10-20 products, which is nothing compared to other plattform, especially if you are in the fashion business e.g. Spreadshirt.com with 25 Design daily up to 100 products per design within 1 hour uploaded and published. Had not the time to look up for another shop system without such business destroyer settings. Do you already know where you want to switch to?

Brgs,

Martin

0 Likes
2 0 1

Hi Martin, Aww man I feel your pain there mate, total nightmare. I certainly sucks and they wont be getting anymore of my business. I did intend to start other sites with Shopify but not anymore. I am looking at Bigcommerce as its unlimited, not ideal but little choice at this point in time. Do you have any feedback on Bigcommerce at all?

Thanks

Neil

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

Hey Neil,

I checked BigCommerce too but if i'm not wrong they also have a limit, but it's at least around 2000 variants per day instead of 1000.

I'm not sure anymore so please check too, hope i am wrong. If not will start to build my business there too.

Brgs,

Martin

0 Likes
Tourist
9 1 2

I know that most here are looking for a way out, but I posted this question yesterday, and followed up with my findings on the question, When does the API "day" for the resource limiter refresh?:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/What-time-does-shopify-s-API-quot-day-quot-end/m-...

0 Likes
1 0 1

I agree with everyone here, this limit is preposterous. I can't seem to find any way around it and unfortunately reading through the forums no one else has either. Does anyone have any information on this limit getting adjusted any time in the future? 1,000 per day seems completely arbitrary. Has anyone been able to get a temporary lift just to get an initial product set in there? But either way it seems like any sort of bulk updating after that is out of the question.

Really curious for updates as this thread is now several weeks old.

1 Like
1 0 0

When I ran into this issue in May I could still duplicate products. It's a pain, but try duplicating a product and editing it to suit your needs.

0 Likes