1st store & humbly looking for brutally honest feedback!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Evelyn,

I run a company where customers and write reviews on online shops. Our goal is to give independent designers an outlet to build brand awareness, and customers the ability to share their experiences. I've made a page for you here: https://www.shopventure.com/shops/aglaia-jewels-reviews.

Might be worth asking your current customers to write a review. You can respond for free, and use it to promote your shop as trustworthy to prospective customers. 

Good luck with your new shop!

Julie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi,

As a shopper, I want to know more about your products. The descriptions do not tell me what they are made of, I know from the price it isn't 24K gold, but what is it?

I love the Geometric Double Tri Earrings. From the photo of just the earring it looks like one triangle would go behind the earlobe and the other in front. But the picture further down the page with a model shows that both trianlges go in front of the earlobe. I tried to click on the picture of the model to enlarge it but it didn't work. 

You need to proof read your descriptions, many of the ones I looked at were not grammatical or had typos.For example you say :Geometrics are all the craze now, join in the trend with these classy pair! 

It should be either 'this classy pair' or 'these classy pairs'.

For the rings, I think you need to provide sizes rather than dimensions. If I was going to buy a ring online I'd find out my ring size first and use that to purchase it, especially since you do not allow returns for products that don't fit. I see that you sell all over the world and I have no idea how sizing works in other countries, but it would be worth it to find out and provide a sizing chart.

Totally agree with everyone who has said an 'About Us' is important. That is often the first thing I look at.

Good luck! I am facing the same problems you have. So this thread has been useful!

Laurie

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Once again thank you so much for all the invaluable advise. This has been very enlightening for me! I am working now to improve on my site :) best of luck to everyone for their own site as well! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

Your site looks good and professional!

From personal experience, facebook ads doesn't work much for me. Yes, there are exposure like who are exposed to the ads, but little action is taken. This is only something that troubles me, on how to turn traffic into customers!

I have learnt that newsletters is a very good source of customers as they are already interested in your products. I am currently holding a Member Exclusive Launch that only members are allowed to enter to get special discounts only for a short period of time. Members will be more compelled to make the purchase and newbies will want to sign up your newsletter to check out. Still trying out this strategy, you can try it too!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Evelyn 

You have been given some great advice already about about facebook and your site... but thought I would chime in. 

Jewlery can be a tough sale (getting conversions). Crediablity must be built fast with a potential customer. You do have a great start on your store and some great photography already... Keep doing what your doing and continue to streamline your message to your customers. Whatever that is... E.g. "Maybe your goal is to sell designer quality jewlery at affordable price." Take your goal for your site and ask a question everytime you go to add or remove something on the site if it lines up with your goal. 

Another great and fast way to build credibility is to have reviews. Maybe send a follow up to a customer 10 days after a product ships or something asking for feedback/review. 

A site that's in your space that you could steal some ideas from... http://www.luxjewelers.com/   the person who started this site and has done well for themselves.

On to Facebook... We have been using it for a little over a year now. Small FB budget of only $500 Month. Started out with only $100 a month. I guess the number one thing I could tell you about facebook is it's not magic you have to look at it as a game of strategy. In the beginning really our goal was to just break even. If we spend $100 make $100 in sales. Here was the strategy we used and still use... We post an image and give it $5 over a few days. In the beginning the audiance was broad. E.g. USA, with a couple intrest. Boutique Shopping, Pampers, etc... If the Ad proformed well we added a few more dollars. Make sure to set up converstion pixal in FB so you can tell if you have conversions. Also, make sure to monitor it in google analytics. Since we are in the retail space margins are slim... So we need FB Ad engament to be around .01 to .02 cents. Now after we have an FB posting Ad performing around that level with a FB relevance score 8 and greater, we dump $20 or so on the post to crank the numbers up. E.g. likes, shares, and comments. After all that we head to the FB ad manger and Create a new ad using the Orginal Post as a Website Click Ad. What this does is now runs an Ad focused on Website Clicks but since we already been running the ad as a post the numbers are High which makes our Ad gain instant credibility. Creating cheaper click through traffic. Once again we try to get .05 cents or less for a click. 

I hope that make some kinda sense. Using this strategy we started off breaking even and eventually now profit from Facebook Ad's.... Oh one other thing. The reason to monitor it in google, shopify, and fb data... we take this and create new audiance to market to. Increasing the scores of our Ad's because we know that they are being served to people who buy and like our stuff... E.g. We target by State Level based on our top 5-10 selling states and also Intrest have changed. 

Example of one Ad that we turned into a website click ad after we had gained some traction with it as a post.

Thanks hope all this helps.

Our Site: http://TheIttyBittyBoutique.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theittybittyboutiqueshop

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you for posting and being brave enough to take the shots, LOL.  I learned a lot about mistakes to avoid as I  build my store.  So thanks again for asking and sharing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

itty bitty....how in the world do you do it?  Fantastic prices and as cute as can  be.  I'm surprised you can keep any stock in.  Are you making these stateside?  Really fantastic brand and logo.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

@Michele Ring thank you for your kind words. We are always dealing with stock issues, but we have made it a point to not be in debt as a company. So yes I could take a on a working capital loan but we are young and only coming up on 2 years old in Jan. When we started we purchased a hand full of items maybe ~$200 worth and sold. We simply used the recouped money & profits to purchase more new inventory and have continued to build up our purchasing power that way. We now purchase around $4-5k of inventory a month.  We decided early to stay debt free and grow our business slower if need be. This strategy has made us stay focused and has kept us from not making alot of unwise purchases keeping our cost low. To the point of your second question... A little bit of Both (Stateside & Overseas). 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
53 0 1

Hello everybody,

Tips for more visitors on your store and more sales ! Make effective and cheap advertising !

>> http://www.evolve-buy-web-traffic.com

0 Likes