2-Step Authentication SMS Text arrived 4 hours after I requested it

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Anyone had this issue?  I enabled 2-step authentication yesterday.  The test message came through fine.  I tried logging in this morning and never received the SMS Text after making two attempts.  Just now, nearly 4 hours later I received the SMS!  What the heck?

I ended up turning off 2-step because of this.  What's the cause?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
204 26 35

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @cacloss !

This was actually a known issue earlier in the day. Our developers became aware of this and pushed a fix for it as quickly as possible. Things should be working normally at this point. If you've set up 2 step authentication, Shopify also provides emergency recovery codes for situations like these. You can use this document to help locate them if you're able to log in. If you're still unable to log in at this point, please let me know and we can continue to troubleshoot this together.

All the best!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for the update!  Yes, I was aware of the recovery codes and burned one getting in

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I have the same issue. I asked for the text but noting has arrived yet after 8 hours. I can't log in and I don't have my recovery codes saved. How can I log in?

Please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
204 26 35

Hi, @Zhinous !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. The issue we were seeing had actually been resolved at the time of my previous reply. If you attempted to login after it was resolved, you should have received a new code. If you're still unable to gain access, let me know and we can get you authenticated to take a closer look. We may need to get this escalated to our Accounts team to help you with regaining access.

All the best!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes