2 different domains

2 0 0

Hello guys,

First of all, I am sorry if this problem has been discussed already.

So I bought a domain from a godaddy, I connected it on my shopify account, done some editing, trying to create the store, half way there. 

Right now I thought about creating a single products store so I bought another domain from godaddy, connected it to my shopify account, made it primary domain, and when I try to go on it, it shows like the previous one and every change I am doing on the new one, reflects also on the old one.

So my question here is, how can I have 2 different domains, what do I have to do? Do I need to create another shopify account? What's the procedure? 

I want to have two different stores.

Thanks,

Marius 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 41 47

Hi @nmadrian,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

Each store will need it's own Shopify account. Since it sounds like you'd like a second separate store for this single product venture, you would need a second account in order to host that store with Shopify. Keep in mind, both accounts can have the same email address on file so you'll be able to easily switch between the accounts with multi-store login.

Once you've set up your second account, you can follow these instructions to transfer your domain to the new account.

What product are you selling on your single product store? Are you selling this product in your original store as well? I'd love to hear what inspired you to start a second store!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes