2 payments a month from spotify

GeorgettaCoker
5 0 0

Hello, I have been trying to cancel my spotify account as they have been taking money out twice a month instead of once a month. I have tried to get in contact with an online team since June 2020.

I created a new spotify account and I was hoping to use the same name as this account, can someone send me a direct link so I can speak to someone who can assist me. I'm so confused at this point and I need my money back. 

Please send me an email so I can speak to the support team

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
624 63 118

Hi, @GeorgettaCoker.

Thanks for sharing your question in our Community forums. My name is Olivia and I work at Shopify.

I am sorry to hear you have been running into some troubles. I will gladly help you look after this today and connect you with our Billing team with your refund request. You mentioned that you are being billed twice a month, and may have opened up a second store by accident?

Let's go ahead and confirm how many stores you have so we can close any extra ones. Head to our recovery page and enter in your email address. From here, you can do a password reset and an email will be sent to you for any account you have opened with us. At this point you should have access to any and all accounts you have opened with us and you will be able to log in and close the ones you do not need. 

To close your store: 

Log in to the right store and from Shopify Admin > Settings > Plans and Permissions > Store Status > Close Store > and follow the prompts on the screen. It's also a good idea to remove any unwanted apps from Admin > Apps  at this point to cease all future billing.

Once you close your store you cannot create a new one using the same .myshopify.com URL. Why? For admin reasons, once a store name has been used it cannot be re-used - kind of like an email address. This helps us keep an accurate record and also identify stores more easily. That doesn't mean you can't connect a custom domain with the store URL your need though!

Our support team cannot close down stores for our merchants due to security and privacy reasons, so make sure to follow these steps. Once the store is closed, our Billing team will also be able to look at your refund request so long as these steps happen in order. 

I also sent you an email to move forward with your refund request.

I look forward to connecting,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
GeorgettaCoker
5 0 0

Good evening Olivia

Sorry for the late reply I have not logged into this account, I will be active on here so we can discuss my issue.

First of all I created two accounts this account, this one which is:

https://etta-george-collection.myshopify.com/admin

https://ettageorgecollection.myshopify.com/admin/products

I currently use https://etta-george-collection.myshopify.com/admin, however I don't want the '-' spaces in my website name. I would like it to be the same as it is in this account. Ettageorgecollection all together, I read in the shopify policy that if I close my account I won't be able to use the name again. I still need my refund but I am so confused as to what to do.

Please could you assist me further.

Regards 

Georgetta

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
624 63 118

Hi, @GeorgettaCoker!

So nice to hear back from you. I will make sure to help you get this resolved so we can stop the double charges.

I did send you an email back in August for authentication purposes and I'm hoping you can reply to me there. This helps us protect your privacy and security, and also gives me the access I need to look into the charges related to your stores.

To answer your other question, it is true that you cannot use the same `.myshopify.com URL` for another store. What you can do is purchase a custom domain (example.com vs example.myshopify.com) right in the Admin > Online Store > Domains section to be used on any store. This will give your users a branded experience when visiting your website, and provide a uniform solution since you can take a custom domain with you. 

I will be waiting for your email reply, but let me know if you need me to send it again.

Warm regards,

0 Likes
GeorgettaCoker
5 0 0

Hiya, I haven't forgotten my passwords to the 2 accounts I have with shopify. what information do you need exactly for the refund process please.

Also in regards to the recent email I sent. I am looking for the most cost effective way to set up my website and domains are a bit pricey. I was wondering if there was a way to use the 'ettageorgecollection' without the gaps. I've been struggling for so long, I have the second account and money keeps going out but I am not even satisfied with the way my name looks.

Sorry for the hassle it's just been months since shopify has taken money out

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
624 63 118

Thanks for your reply, @GeorgettaCoker.

I'm certainly available to help you look into this, but I do need you to reply to me via email. As our forum posts are on a public platform, we cannot discuss your account details here for your security and privacy.

Please check your email inbox, and reply to me in that email thread.

Thank you,

0 Likes
GeorgettaCoker
5 0 0
Hiya,

I replied some time ago but I don't think you received my email.

As you know I have been struggling to use my shopify. My other account is
now frozen, I have lost a lot of money please could you refund both
accounts. This is taking a toll financially.#
Regards
Georgetta
0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
624 63 118

Hi, @GeorgettaCoker!

Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention. I had a look and it appears you replied to our ticket after it had been automatically closed due to inactivity. Due to the time sensitive nature of your request, I ask that you contact us on 24/7 live support. I trust this will be the quickest way to process your request.

1. Click here to open up a live chat
  2. Authenticate your store
  3. Move forward with refund process within minutes

I certainly don't wish to keep you waiting any longer, and I understand the urgency of getting you the support you need. Please reach out to us as soon as you can so we can move forward with next steps.

Warm regards,

0 Likes
ijazhussan
1 0 0

Greetings, I have been attempting to destroy my Spotify account as they have been catching adjustment out doubly a period preferably of one a moon. I have decided to go in a meeting with an online company for June 2020.
I built a new Spotify reckoning and I was expecting to use the identical name as this report, can someone give me a personal link so I can talk to someone that tin assists me. I'm so involved at this time and I need my capital back.

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
624 63 118

Hey, @ijazhussan.

Thank you for reaching out in our community.

I noticed you referenced Spotify in your post a couple of times, and I wanted to double check that you didn't have a Shopify store you need assistance with? While the names are similar, Spotify is an audio-streaming service, whereas, Shopify provides e-commerce solutions for independent business owners looking to launch their own online store.

If you have any further questions about Shopify, please do let me know so I can guide you further.

Warm regards,

0 Likes