2 payments a month from spotify

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I have been trying to cancel my spotify account as they have been taking money out twice a month instead of once a month. I have tried to get in contact with an online team since June 2020.

I created a new spotify account and I was hoping to use the same name as this account, can someone send me a direct link so I can speak to someone who can assist me. I'm so confused at this point and I need my money back. 

Please send me an email so I can speak to the support team

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
69 2 24

Hi, @GeorgettaCoker.

Thanks for sharing your question in our Community forums. My name is Olivia and I work at Shopify.

I am sorry to hear you have been running into some troubles. I will gladly help you look after this today and connect you with our Billing team with your refund request. You mentioned that you are being billed twice a month, and may have opened up a second store by accident?

Let's go ahead and confirm how many stores you have so we can close any extra ones. Head to our recovery page and enter in your email address. From here, you can do a password reset and an email will be sent to you for any account you have opened with us. At this point you should have access to any and all accounts you have opened with us and you will be able to log in and close the ones you do not need. 

To close your store: 

Log in to the right store and from Shopify Admin > Settings > Plans and Permissions > Store Status > Close Store > and follow the prompts on the screen. It's also a good idea to remove any unwanted apps from Admin > Apps  at this point to cease all future billing.

Once you close your store you cannot create a new one using the same .myshopify.com URL. Why? For admin reasons, once a store name has been used it cannot be re-used - kind of like an email address. This helps us keep an accurate record and also identify stores more easily. That doesn't mean you can't connect a custom domain with the store URL your need though!

Our support team cannot close down stores for our merchants due to security and privacy reasons, so make sure to follow these steps. Once the store is closed, our Billing team will also be able to look at your refund request so long as these steps happen in order. 

I also sent you an email to move forward with your refund request.

I look forward to connecting,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes