20% OFF COUPON CODE NOT WORKING, HELP PLEASE

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hello I am hoping someone could assist me.

I issued a 20% off the entire order coupon code and customers are telling me it is not working. This is the second time this has happened. When it happened the first time I sent an apology notice to all my subscribers and I issued a new code, and unfortunately it happened again after only 1 order was placed. One customer received the discount and all went well, but when another customer tried to use the coupon code, they messaged me saying that the code does not work. I'm embarrassed to have to send my subscribers another apology email. It is showing that the coupon code is active but it just isn't working. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help as soon as possible will be great. I would hate to lose customers because of a coupon code issue.

Thank you so much!

Lorri

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

It sounds like a configuration problem.  What do you have set for the usage limits?

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Thank you so much for responding so quickly, This issue is overwhelming. The coupon is set as follows:

Summary
20OFFSIGNUP
Success Active
  • 20% off entire order
  • Minimum purchase of $25.00
  • For 51 customers
  • Limit of 1 use, one per customer
  • Active from Aug 26 to Nov 30

As I mentioned, One customer already used the coupon, and when I tested it out, it worked perfectly. Then this morning Customers tried to use it and they messaged me saying it does not work. I tested it out again and it in fact does not work. What could have went wrong between yesterday evening and this morning? I'm so confused. Am I doing something wrong? 

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

There are two usage limit settings:

Usage limits
Usage limit options
  • Limit number of times this discount can be used in total
  • Limit to one use per customer

For the first one, you will want to leave that unchecked.  That is the number of times the coupon can be used in total for all customers combined.  

For the second one you want to put a check there so each customer can only use that code once.

Try that and see if that helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Wow! Thank you so much. I was doing it all wrong. I appreciate you getting back to me. With this info I went back to my codes and adjusted them and they are working fine now. 

Thanks again!

0 Likes