$29 was deducted from my account, but subscription not renewed

Joey24
5 0 0

I was charged $29 for my basic plan and the money deducted from my account. I just received an email saying bill payment failed because of insufficient funds. I checked my bank and the money was charged and not returned. If there was an issue with my card then my funds should have been reimbursed, but nothing.

Can someone help with this? I used the same card to register my domain so i doubt the issue is with the card.

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
175 21 16

Hello @Joey24!

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you're having some issues with a subscription payment so I wanted to help you out.

In the case that the money was deducted but your subscription was not renewed, the payment should bounce back into your bank account in about 3-5 business days. Since it was deducted, it would still be a good idea to double check it with our live support here. This is because we are currently unable to look into your account details from the Shopify Community, and this does look like something we may need to take a closer look at. 

Let me know if you have any other questions on this, and I will gladly help you out.

Thanks! -Lana. 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Joey24
5 0 0

Just spoke to my bank and according to them the funds are held and will be released to Shopify in 3-7 days. Just wondered why i was told my card didn't have a sufficient balance. Anyways if nothing changes by then, i'll be back for more queries. 

0 Likes
Joey24
5 0 0

I just received this message for the umpteenth time 

"The previous automatic attempt to process the payment for your bill failed. We’ll try charging you $29.00 USD again on May 12, 2021. If that payment can't be processed, we'll try charging you again at a later date.

You can also pay the outstanding amount directly from the bill in Shopify."

$29 was deducted from my bank account and paid to shopify. The transaction was cleared.

Can someone help clear this out before my account is retired

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
175 21 16

I see! So this message is standard when your store has an outstanding bill but it fails to make the payment. In total, this message should be sent to you 3 times, and after the 3rd attempt your store will automatically go into a frozen or closed state. That means that it will be fully closed and no further billing will occur. 

If you find that one of these attempts ends up successful, you will need to login to your account and fully close your store by following these steps. You should then contact our live support by going through the link I gave in my last response, and we will be able to look into a refund for you from there.

0 Likes
Joey24
5 0 0

I'm not interested in closing my store, i've invested time and money building it. I am not looking for a refund, but i just want Shopify to clear my and accept that payment was received. I set a plan and added my card for payments each month. Can Shopify fix their fault because they got the money, but my account is still in trouble. I cannot use the chat link because it leads me to another forum. Should i show you a copy of the bank charge deducted from my bank to Shopify? I just need my account sorted because i rightfully paid.

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
175 21 16

I completely understand. In that case, could you please go directly to our live support here? That way we will be able to access your details see how we can get to the bottom of this for you. 

0 Likes
Joey24
5 0 0

The Live Support link you sent only directs me to a help center where there's a FAQ section and basic answers to most questions. I need live support because i may have to share sensitive information 

0 Likes