30 visitors in one location spam bot??

concept2000
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello,

In the last 2 days I have had 20-30 "live view visitors" on my website either from Kansas or Boardman OR. It's usually at around 11:30PM. At first I thought someone was using a VPN and had a bunch of random accounts looking at my website and using an inspector tool to steal my products. Then I thought it was something greater because they repeatedly visited every product page and a lot of the paths they were visiting were marked "N/A". I thought maybe I was being hacked or something. I did some research in the discussion boards on here and apparently this has happened to other people as could be spam bots from GA or Shopify even. I am still confused and a little freaked out because I really hope it's that instead of some random real person trying to steal my website products, or worse, hack me. Please if anyone has an answer to this or knows any more about this, people comment below. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 11.42.21 PM.png

Replies 4 (4)

Level_3_Expert
Trailblazer
147 9 12

Hi, first of all you dont have to worry about getting hacked or something. Nothing will happen to your shopify store. shopify security is that great. 

yeah, sometimes someone might be trying to steal your product information. you can find that particular person if he has account on your store, and there are many apps that prevents spamming and spying on stores. you can try any one of them if you want 

The Leader Media, Shopify Agency for Brands
Hire Us- Email: support@theleadermedia.com, WhatsApp: +917012490592 - Skype: live:197268f709e05aec
concept2000
Tourist
3 0 0

Do you know what the apps are called that I could use to prevent spying? 

Honestly I feel like it's not a single person only because so many people were saying they had this exact same thing happen in the same location. I just want to make sure there's no malicious stuff happening on the back end with the "bots" if that's what they are. 

Level_3_Expert
Trailblazer
147 9 12

i think its better you find someone to check your shopify backend before even thinking about any apps. You have to find out how and from where this traffic is coming to your store. Its not that difficult to find out that.

The Leader Media, Shopify Agency for Brands
Hire Us- Email: support@theleadermedia.com, WhatsApp: +917012490592 - Skype: live:197268f709e05aec
concept2000
Tourist
3 0 0

So then why offer the apps as a solution in the first place? You're giving me a solution and then telling me that I should do something else?