3D Secure Shopify No Answer

150 0 0

I have now dropped Paypal and Google Checkout as they no longer accept Maestro. 50% of my orders are now FRAUD attempts as Shopify has NOT updated any of us on 3D secure. This is so bad.

0 Likes
150 0 0

Just this morning received a letter from RBSi regarding 3D secure and warning me that if I am not compliant to halt trading using Visa and Master Card.

The development of the SO CALLED 3D secure from Shopify is at what point now ?????? 5 months ago I was told this was High Priority. Well Shopify ...where is it ????

0 Likes
150 0 0

Doesn't anyone care about this situation. If you are in the UK and taking credit card transaction be very clear that you understand you have no protection without 3D.

Shopify have promised this months ago and still no update.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
74 0 0

I'm sure lots of people care about the situation!

Re. RBSi, what is there deadline for 3D secure for Via and Mastercard?

We're currently putting everything through PayPal Pro.

I'm really looking forward to Shopify resolving this as I'd like to use the SagePay account that I opened just before discovering 3D secure wouldn't work with Shopify.

I'm going to stick with PayPal Pro for now as it seems that they only require 3D for Maestro (which I've turned 'off' as a payment option).

But yes, I'm looking forward to it being resolved.

Simon

0 Likes
150 0 0

Simon, this is a total joke when we have to shut off Master Card and Visa, Even Maestro was shut off almost a year ago. Its clear shopify just don't care. Some of our customers hate Paypal. I got an update about a year ago ...saying it was TOP PRIORITY 3D...pfff what a joke....then about 5 months ago it's almost done. Yesterday I was told ....we will let you know.

This is an insult...sorry to vent on this board but what choice do I have when I have been told one thing and no one delivers.....I have had to move my product sales to AMAZON ...it's embarrassing.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
124 0 3

What's the latest on this? That link (http://support.myshopify.com/discussions/questions/1760-3d-secure) just says the thread is private or deleted.

We too being told by our acquirer that we must implement 3D Secure. We're almost at the end of "Q1 2010" now!

0 Likes
Tourist
107 0 2

I'm not that impressed either - running 3 shopify stores in the UK and none can accept Maestro. I too am wondering whats happened regarding the

"We are developing 3D secure support" and "its almost done" posts in this forum a few months ago leading up to the paypal deadline for 3D secure in the UK. It does seem that Shopify are going to wait until they have no alternative but to implement 3D secure.

Pretty much every online store I have personally bought a product from in the UK recently has support for 3D secure now.

The post by tobi in this thread

http://forums.shopify.com/categories/1/posts/27276#comment-27306

Doesn't fill me with much hope either. I just wish Shopify were a bit more transparent regarding this issue.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
44 0 0

Cody let me know that our current estimation for release of 3D secure for Shopify is end of Q2, 2010. 

0 Likes
150 0 0

Mike 1.5 years to do 3D ? i will say it again if shopify lacks funding for this I will help. I would hate to see Online sellers get a massive fine from Visa or MasterCard for not having 3D in place. If this isn't ready by Q2 I am walking

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
124 0 3

If it isn't ready by Q2, I may be forced to walk!

0 Likes