3PL for part for select deliveries/inventory

Highlighted
2 0 0

We are looking to utilize 3PL, but only for some of our inventory and only when the ship-to destination meets certain critieria (e.g. West Coast). The remainder of our shipping (e.g. non west-coast) would be done in-house even if it is the same products handled by the 3PL. Did anyone else ever deal with this same issue? How would a rule be devised to funnel the orders for one warehouse or the other? (because all the orders are going to come from the same store) Would an app handle this (which?)? App recommendations? Big problem we are dealing with is that every other 3PL wants all our business and will not just take part of it.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
21 0 2

Hi! I would definitely recommend ShipperHQ for handling the shipping process pre-purchase to make sure your buyers are seeing the right things at checkout. In ShipperHQ you can set your different shipping origins (your warehouse and your store), set what products will ship from where, what geographic regions are serviced by each location, and what carriers can be used at each location. That way, when a customer in the West Coast adds an item to their cart that requires the 3PL, they will be shown accurate shipping rates for the provider. 

You can also set rules to surcharge or discount your rates based on location, product, weight, etc. And you can use a merge rule to handle rates when the customer buys both a 3PL and none 3PL item. Plus, we integrate with over 30 carriers, so you can browse our Marketplace for logistics providers that we would recommend.

Reach out if you want to know more, or we also offer a free 30-day trial so you can get started and see how ShipperHQ works for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
33 0 0

I have used librexpress.com for this type of solution. I store part of my inventory with them. They will split my orders and fulfill only the inventory that they have. They will also configure all of your inventory management for you so there is not a headache.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
need all warehousing services minutes away from Canada border in New York
SSW FULFILLMENT
shippingss@primelink1.net

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

Every customer has different needs, if a 3pl warehouse is trying to bully you for all of your business than it is best you look elsewhere.

As someone who runs and operates a 3PL  in San Diego I have experienced many different scenarios. Every customer has certain details that need to be bespoke to their business needs. If you ever need help or have any other 3pl questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me for an honest response.

619-600-5202

Best,

Brian 

0 Likes