Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, I have mad a few sales on my store named skunk trunk where I sold cannabis and tobacco paraphernalia I had no problems for the first while and business was good. I received an email stating Shopify would no longer take payments for us a payment gateway, this is understandable considering the nature of my business. I have the company registered in Ireland where I trade. A few days ago our website became inaccessible giving a 403 message, I have put a lot of time and effort into building this store and am wondering if anyone has experienced the same and what my options are.

thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 66 85

Hi, @Aaronskt,

Hank here from Shopify!

Without sharing your store URL, I cannot be certain of the issue, but I will list some general solutions to help you resolve that specific issue.

The most common reason for 403 error messages is to do with your domain, in particular your A Record. There should be only one A record within your DNS settings, and that should be Shopify's value of 23.227.38.65. For more information on connecting domains, I have this guide here.

Another possible reason for this is to do with your cache. Some times cookies can be stored that can prevent you from reaching your domain. Can you try opening your admin or your website using incognito mode to see if this works? If it does, then can you try clearing your cache?

Another issue may be that the domain has expired, or has not been verified, but that would be something you would have been made aware of multiple times by your domain host prior to going offline.

Let me know how you get on, or if you have any other questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi, Hank

The store url is skunkxtrunk.com. I tried incognito mode the store still showed the same message. I purchased the domain form in the Shopify app so there shouldn’t be a problem with the domain and I have received now emails about the domain. I hope we can resolve the issue look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Aaron
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 66 85

Thank you for sharing that URL, Aaron.

I can confirm that I am also seeing the error, but when I check this website, the issue is as I mentioned previously, there are multiple A record entries.

Can you delete the entry marked in this screenshot? You can edit your DNS settings by going to Online Store > Domains > Manage.

Once you do that, your domain will propagate and this will resolve the issue for you. Note that domain propagation can take up to 48 hours, but you also may need to clear your cache to be able to access it on your browser.

Let me know how you get on, my friend!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Thank you for your email, I followed the steps you sent to me but when I go
to my domain settings I don’t see 23.227.38.64 only 23.227.38.65 in A type.
I’m not sure where to go from here. Look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Aaron

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 66 85

That is certainly strange as it shows in the domain website I shared above.

However, I'd like to take a look at this for you to see if I can locate the issue and resolve this for you. As this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account.

I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

0 Likes