404 Not Found on Primary and Third Party Domain

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I've had some issues connecting a domain that I purchased from Google Domain to my Shopify account.

The begin with, when I tried to connect the domain automatically I had the "Connected - SSL Pending" status on my primary domain, which from my research seems to be quite a common error. Despite this, I was still able to browse the store as long as I used the www. prefix. When I tried to use the domain without the prefix I was taken to a 404 Not Found page.

Then I tried again (some days later), removing the domain and tried to connect the domain manually using the instructions provided. Again I was presented with the "Connected - SSL Pending" status on my primary domain, however, this time both the domain with the www. prefix and without both take me to the 404 Not Found page. I'm not sure what's going on.

I'd really appreciate any help to resolve this.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1241 76 271

Hey, @juliusnkemdiche!

The SSL pending isn't an error, more just a status as it indicates that the SSL is in a pending state and should apply within 24 hours. However; if the pending status appears longer than 24 hours, it is likely that the domain has either an addtional "A" record, or a "AAAA" record. You can check this by using DNS Lookup Tool. You'll want to ensure that only our IP address (23.227.38.65), and Cname record (shops.myshopify.com) are appearing (does not include mx records, txt records) as the most common domain issues is that more than one IP, Cname, AAAA record are appearing, or the approrpriate amount of time hasn't passed for the DNS changes to take effect (24 hours). 

If you're still experiencing issues with getting the domain added, and you've checked that the DNS settings are publicly correct, then let me know! I can verify the store and take a deeper look into what the issue is. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes