(4k$ order) Possible chargeback incoming, Customer says not delivred, Purolator says delivered !

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi All,

this is the first time we reach out at the community to get help !

Here is the resume of the situation : 

- Two weeks ago on the 28th of July 2020 we shipped out an order of about 4,000$, 5 boxes for 155lbs with purolator paying the extra fee for signature as we do for each transcation for more safety

- This morning the customer reach back at us saying he didn't reveive any boxes from the order

- I went and check the purolator tracking number and it says delivered on the 31st of July 2020 (because of the covid the driver sign ''Verbal'' by himself on the terminal and type in the last name of the person who received the packages, if no body is home they leave a ticket and bring back the boxes to the distribution center so the customer can pick up at a later date) **That mean there was somebody to receives the paclage if the driver followed the rules**

- I sent the shipping confirmation to the customer and he still affirm that there was nobody home that day and when they got back home there was no boxes to be seen.

Now we are waiting on the purolator investigation but we fear that the customer will ask for a refund and that will become a chargeback 

We have proof of delivery so we don't want to refund 4,000$ !!!! Can anyone help ? Any information would be appreciated 

Thanks all !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
54 0 10

In the UK all deliveries during COVID 19 have been photogrpahed with the parcel recipient as proof of receipt.

If the courier wasn't doing this, [all the major ones in the UK were, [DHL, UPS, FEDEX, Royal Mail etc]], then in my opinion it's up to them to prove the package has been signed for, if not they are liable and you surely can claim off their insurance.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

EDIT: I see you asked for a signature... pure and simple (mostly), a signature from the recipient was not collected. And there was zero true proof of delivery. No delivery company will "take someone's word"...even their own drivers.

I would contest the delivery via Purolator. "Verbal" proof is not acceptable and the fact that he wrote the last name just means he could have looked at the shipping pabel.

Did the service you paid extra for mention a signature? If it did, then the shipping company is at fault.

I would be extra nice to the customer (for now), but really lean into the shipping company.

I have had a few instances where a shipping company (that I pay extra for for signed confirmation of delivery) has said something was delivered and when I ask for POD (proof of Delivery), they somehow couldn't find it. I OVER insure every package (only a few dollars more, but saved my butt enough ... and its a tac write-off anyway).

Re-read teh terms of the "extra service" you paid for.

Then hold your ground... ask to speak to their fraud division if necessary.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

''Jshannon'' Thanks for your reply ! Great info ! I am still waiting for purolator investigation at this point

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

''Thanks for your input, I will ask purolator if they take pictures at the delivery

0 Likes