A few questions regarding shopify settings..

2uned
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey guys! I'm just working on my website getting ready to launch pretty shortly. I had a couple questions about some things on my shopify admin pages.

First off if it helps, I'm located in Ontario, Canada and selling products to mostly the USA in USD. 

Q/1: Under my product page when I select a product there is a "charge tax on variant" box. These are on all my products and none of them are automatically selected. I understand that when you buy something in North America there is tax on the item. This not being automatically selected do I have to manually select them all or is there a page where I can configure everything properly?

Q/2: I understand I will be the one paying but, how can I make it so there is free shipping for my customers. 

Q/3: Is there anything (legal) that I need to do before running ads and opening my store to the public? 

Thank you!

2uned
Tourist
3 0 1

Q/4: I have another question also, 

Is this supposed to be off? It was automatically off.

Screenshot_2.png

0 Likes
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
236 41 59

Q2.  In the shipping settings, you can set free shipping over a certain amount. See docs
https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/setting-up-and-managing-your-shipping/free-shipping-rate...

Q3. Do have Privacy, Terms & Conditions, Contact Page properly tailored to your business (sole-proprietorship, DBA, or corporation).

Q4. It's fine, you can leave it as-is.

- I help businesses with eCommerce and Marketing Technology integrations.
- For consulting work inquiries, please send me a Private Message.
- Presently working in Toronto, CANADA.
2uned
Tourist
3 0 1

Q2: Okay thank you. Is there a way to see, how much the rates are? I can't seem to find it under shipping. 

Q3: I have a Refund policy, Privacy policy and a shipping policy. Do I have to offer a refund policy?

0 Likes
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
236 41 59

Q2. If you going to be using Shopify's Lable Printing solution (comes with all stores), you would see the rates. But in the first place, you need to have an order ins tore to see the shipping costs. But they are slightly less than on Canada Post's (depending on the Province you are shipping to).
https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/shopify-shipping/shipping-labels

Q3. Absolutely, please do include returns policy and shipping policy.

- I help businesses with eCommerce and Marketing Technology integrations.
- For consulting work inquiries, please send me a Private Message.
- Presently working in Toronto, CANADA.
0 Likes