A new POS setup

Candyman
3 0 0

I am hoping to move to the Shopify POS. I have contacted support so many times with so many tickets but I am no further ahead than when I started. They simply tell me to read something but  I need a few basic questions answered as far as hardware so I can wrap my head around what we need to do to prepare. 

1-How do you physically connect everything? Your printer, your card reader, etc. A hub? Is it all wireless?  When you go online they have these huge POS stations. I thought you could simply use an Ipad???

2- I have an existing printer and cash drawer. but I have no idea how they connect to the  Shopify POS so I can't tell if they are compatible- yes I have looked at compatible hardware which finally someone sent me and I believe my printer will work- my cash drawer is triggered by my printer now.

3- Is the monthly POS fee included in any of the plans for online store or is it additional? I activated the POS on our account and it said it was free until October but if it is going to be an additional $100 a month we might rethink this as the POS we currently have does not have a monthly fee attached to it.

3. If there is a tutorial on actually physically setting up a POS, can someone send me the link?

0 Likes
GPyles
Tourist
6 0 1

There will be an additional $89 per month charge above your current Shopify plan if you use the new POS Pro product.  You can check out the differences in each plan (POS or POS Pro) here: https://www.shopify.com/pos/features

Scroll down the page a little to see a comparison chart.

-Greg

0 Likes
Candyman
3 0 0
Thanks Greg, All of this time I kept reading “included“. We can’t afford that much per month. No sense pursing.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Rivertowninkery
Explorer
46 0 29

DONT DO IT!!!!!!

The new POS is really bad.  The layout is dumb. Products are all hidden in "tiles".  It takes forever to ring in sales.  And if you want basic baseline functions of a standard POS, like processing an exchange, be ready to shell out and extra $1080 a year on top of your subscription fee.

The old classic version was great, but a few weeks ago they forced us to switch over.  We willl be leaving Shopify.  No one in the company cares about customer feedback as long as they are squeezing the extra $90 a month out of us.

0 Likes