A new POS setup

Highlighted
3 0 0

I am hoping to move to the Shopify POS. I have contacted support so many times with so many tickets but I am no further ahead than when I started. They simply tell me to read something but  I need a few basic questions answered as far as hardware so I can wrap my head around what we need to do to prepare. 

1-How do you physically connect everything? Your printer, your card reader, etc. A hub? Is it all wireless?  When you go online they have these huge POS stations. I thought you could simply use an Ipad???

2- I have an existing printer and cash drawer. but I have no idea how they connect to the  Shopify POS so I can't tell if they are compatible- yes I have looked at compatible hardware which finally someone sent me and I believe my printer will work- my cash drawer is triggered by my printer now.

3- Is the monthly POS fee included in any of the plans for online store or is it additional? I activated the POS on our account and it said it was free until October but if it is going to be an additional $100 a month we might rethink this as the POS we currently have does not have a monthly fee attached to it.

3. If there is a tutorial on actually physically setting up a POS, can someone send me the link?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

There will be an additional $89 per month charge above your current Shopify plan if you use the new POS Pro product.  You can check out the differences in each plan (POS or POS Pro) here: https://www.shopify.com/pos/features

Scroll down the page a little to see a comparison chart.

-Greg

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Thanks Greg, All of this time I kept reading “included“. We can’t afford that much per month. No sense pursing.

Thanks!
0 Likes