A normal reply to blog comments?

Highlighted
3 0 3

Hi! Have we got a solution for being able to reply to blog comments without installing an app or facebook yet? I want a clean layout without unnecessary text or ads. I still don't understand why this is even an issue that Shopify hasn't fixed...

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I agree.  This seems like a feature that should've been available ten years ago.  I can't believe we have to install a separate app to be able to reply to our visitors comments.  Terrible.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 43

Hi, @Maria_Lyng and @ChrisH1!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about our current blog functionality and how it's been lacking some basic features for some time. Please know that this request is something we are very aware of and even have a special team in place to handle all of our merchant frustrations, who work directly with our developers to hopefully make each feature a reality one day (if feasible). Although I can't suggest any alternatives besides using third party apps, I did want to let you know that I have personally passed along your feedback and requests to this team to let them know how important this feature would be to both of you. If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

We really appreciate your continued patience while we build the world's best e-commerce platform. Without feedback from you, our merchants, we could never improve, so thank you again.

Cheers!

Sunny

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 6

I'll chime in here, too.  I know this post is a few months old... but here I am online searching for a way to handle what should be a simple feature in 2019.  Please bump this to the top of the product roadmap for the blog!!

5 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Have this issue been resolved ? I want to be able to replay to comments 

@Stacey_Adams wrote:

I'll chime in here, too.  I know this post is a few months old... but here I am online searching for a way to handle what should be a simple feature in 2019.  Please bump this to the top of the product roadmap for the blog!!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I'd love to see a solution to this as well. 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 4

I set up an entire nurture email sequence with direct links to several articles all on Shopify. I knew the blog wouldn't be at wordpress level but never would I imagine that replying to comments from customers would not be an option. Isn't that as basic as it gets? I wouldn't have set up my sequence this way if I had known, and I believe it's something that should be spelled out clear to users before using the blog feature. I've begun getting comments and when I add my own there is no way to directly reply to a customer, are they notified of my comment being added? And I don't see an option that notifies me of new comments on the blog?? If i add a 3rd party I will lose those comments and will probably have to pay for yet another app for something that anyone intuitively would think is built into a blog. I'm not trying to overly complain but I do request you take a hard look at adding this standard feature that should simply be included with any blog feature....

3 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
48 1 13

Same for me here too. SInce 2 months on shopify and  i changed because i was enthusiast for many features. I like it. After 1 month testing i decided to change from my self driven site to shopify. I have to admit that i didn't go to test in so deep in basic features like reply to comments (recaptcha, custom url, Cash on delivery and so one) because i was sure that a such well thought system CANNOT lack on such basic features. And yes... i did the step and damn . Spend less time on making videos to show how people start and grow their business.....

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 4

Interesting.... to add to my comment above - While I don't get notifications when someone comments on my blog from Shopify I do get a notification when someone comments on this thread. A bit ironic.

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
48 1 13
Yes. Also when you have to do reCaptcha when you login to shopify Community
while it is not possible to activate it on your site
0 Likes