A product I purchase is counterfeit and the vendor ignores my messages, What can I do next?

1 0 0

I purchased a product from https://brazil-keratin.com/. The purchase ended up being counterfeit. I tried to reach out to the merchant but was ignored. I contacted the manufacturer. They verified that indeed the Shopify merchant was never authorized to sell any of their product.  I sent them a picture of the product, they agree it was not original. What can I do? How can Shopify allow criminals the ability to sell counterfeit products on the Shopify platform? 

Also, the shipment came from Brazil, but the website shows a Miami, Florida address. No where did it say that the shipment is from Brazil. When I google the address, a trading office shows up. Basically is it like a P.O Box office for a Brazilian small business. It seems to be a trick the criminals are using. 

The Same company uses another site called. https://bkeratinstore.com/, but use another platform.  

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1565 156 446

Hey there, @Yoan_E 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I am sorry to hear you are in this situation. If you have not already I would recommend that you contact your bank or payment provider for guidance on what to do next. If the store is on the Shopify platform, we will investigate to ensure they remain compliant with our terms and conditions.

How can I file a complaint against the store?

If you would like to file a complaint directly with our internal team, you can do so via this link

I have found a store that I believe is operating illegally or in a harmful way, how do I act on this?

We suggest you review Shopify’s Acceptable Use Policy here. Shopify’s AUP describes the activities that are not permitted on the Shopify platform. If you believe a store is operating in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), please fill out an AUP report here. We investigate material reported to us and take action if it violates the AUP.

Why can’t Shopify Support give me more information?

For privacy reasons, we are unable to discuss an individual store with anyone but the store owner. We investigate fraudulent activity reported to us, and take action accordingly. We understand your frustration at this time and trust that this will be resolved promptly.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes