A question about per transaction rates...

Highlighted
New Member
1 0 0

With Shopify Payments not available in South Africa, it is necessary to approach a third party paygate. 

Here's the sum I'm making in my head for which I need some clarity about. Thank you very much if you take your time to answer me. 

The paygate charges 3.5% plus R 2.00, Shopify charges 2.0% additionally to the paygate -- which would come to a total of 5.5% plus R2.00 for each product? 

 

Or does the online credit card rates of 2.9% plus 30c (US) also get lobbed on even if using a third party paygate like PayFast etc?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
397 50 65

Hi, @Duane_S

 

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out today, and welcome to the Community!

 

Your first scenario is correct when using a third party gateway: You will pay the rates that your third party payment provider charges (3.5% + R 2.00), plus the 2% transaction fee from Shopify for a total of 5.5% + R 2.00 per transaction. And that’s all. 

 

The 2.9% + $0.30 is the credit card rate when using Shopify Payments as your gateway, so this fee is not included in your transactions. It’s for when using Shopify Payments only. Please note, the transaction fee amount is dependent on which subscription plan you are on. You can read more about transaction fees here

 

I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if you have further questions or need additional clarification.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes