A question for the PRO's among you selling internationally.

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, Hello, Hello fellow Shopify sellers!

I'm an EU citizen
- I life in the Netherlands (EU) and I want to start a Shopify store and want to sell with Shopify store internationally. What arrangements do I have to take care of for legal, incorporation and tax payment.

- I'm starting a print on demand Shopify store with print on demand suppliers for the US, UK, UAE and Canada. Do I have to make a different Shopify store for each print on demand supplier or is there a way to do all in one store and automatically send customers orders to right print on demand service depending on their country? Products are the same, but suppliers are local to keep shipment as low as possible for the customer.

- If I have to make a store for each country I'm predominantly selling to? Is there a way to copy the first story I made to more stores and depending on the country only change the supplier/ currancy/ taxes and maybe even language?

-  and do I have to incorporate my company for my Shopify store in the US or the Netherlands? Do I need a US adress/ bank account?

Love.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
36 1 6

Hi there,

I am Ryan from the Shopify Support team. 

When it comes to legal tax advice I would reach out to a local tax authority on how this is taken care of in the Netherlands. I would not want to present you with incorrect advice. As you will have suppliers in different countries you will want to make sure you have set up your shipping rates so they accurately reflect the orders processed. As with one Shopify store there is only one shipping from address which can be used, so you would not be able to add the locations of your vendors. Flat rate shipping, may be the best way to accurately reflect shipping rates. As flat rate shipping will be pre-determined shipping rates set by yourself. Every location you ship to you will be able to input the correct taxes to match the country the customer is ordering from. If you don not ship to a country you will not be able to create taxes for it. Shipping and Taxes are directly related to each other in Shopify.  

If you choose to have a store for every country this can be done. This doc  will help you understand how to duplicate your store so you can have the same store but for different countries. Lastly if you would like the currency at checkout to match the country in which the customer is making purchases in you will need to have a bank account for the specific county.

Hope this helps :P

Ryan 

Shopify Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for your answer.

Actually I have two questions, we created the company is the Uk with a UK registered address, but our bank account is in Puerto Rico, do we have to get a PO box address in puerto rico? as the company address and the bank account needs to be in the same country. Also what about the currency of the main store? US dollar or GBP ? Many thanks 

0 Likes