A store with that domain name already exists

Solved
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi,
I have a problem, if i try to use my existing domain : www.mixicustom.com it says error
"
  • A store with that domain name already exists
"
How can I solve my problem
Thank youCapture.PNG

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
614 58 80

Hey, @hauphambk!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

It looks like you're trying to connect your custom domain to Shopify, but are getting an error that a shop with that domain name already exists. This error occurs when trying to connect a domain to Shopify, if the domain in question is already connected to another shop. This could be the result of a number of cases, such as if it was your old shop and the domain was connected but never removed, someone else previously owned the domain, someone was considering buying it, or it was added in error.

Regardless of why this domain is connected to another shop, provided that you're the current owner of it, we're able to remove it from any other shops it's connected to, clearing it for use. In order to proceed, we do need to verify your ownership of the domain first. To do so, I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account with a request for some more information. Please reply to that email, and as soon as I hear back we can proceed with the next steps. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, @Ash 

I replied your email, I hope you will hear that soon.

Thanks for your helping

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
614 58 80

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @hauphambk!

Thank you for letting me know! I replied back to you again in the email thread, but I also just wanted to touch base here to ensure you see my message! After reviewing the information you provided, I was able to proceed with clearing your domain for use on the new account. You should now be all set to successfully connect the domain, as you previously tried to do. 

Let me know if I can offer any further assistance! 

Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @Ash 

This problem solved.

Thanks for your helping.

2 0 1

Hey @Ash!

I have the same problem. Can you also help me to remove my domain from the previous store?

My email: support@dynamugs.com

Domain: dynamugs.com

I can provide evidence of my domain ownership. Thanks

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
614 58 80

Hey, @Nick01!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for your post, and welcome to the thread! 

I see you're experiencing the same issue as posted above, and I'm happy to help out. In order to proceed, some verification is required which we can't perform on the Community Forums. For this reason, I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply back to that email, and we can move forward together with the next steps. 

0 Likes