A store with that domain name already exists

Solved
mateshi
2 0 0

Hi, I bought the domain on godaddy. It is the-shapewear.com . I tried to connect it manualy, but i cant change the Type A. Shopify is telling me that a store with that domain name already exists. Thank you for respond.

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 477

This is an accepted solution.

@mateshi 

If you are getting the error "A store with that domain already exists" then the domain was previously added to another store. To fix this, we'll need you to reach out to our Support with a screenshot of your domain manager to prove that you own the domain. With that in hand, our support can remove the domain from the previous store to allow you to add it to your store. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
mateshi
2 0 0

These are my domains, and i would like to set the-shapewear.com, from my GoDaddy account to y shopify store.

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 477

@mateshi 

I can not assist with removing the domain from here. You will need to contact our Support using the link in my previous reply to authenticate your store. Once done, they can help get this resolved. 

For security reasons, I have removed the screenshot you provided in your previous reply. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes