A store with that domain name already exists

Solved
digicommerce
2 0 0
I try to add a domain to a store that is currently in development mode, but it says the following:

Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 10.56.53.png

A few years ago I connected the domain to another Shopify account but closed it and also not possible access it. Also no access to the email I used to signup.

So I followed the instructions from : https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/A-store-with-that-domain-name-already-exists-when...

But when I click on "select a store" to get support otherwise I can't continue. I select the store on the next page but it redirects to the Support overview page. So I can't submit any details.

Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 11.02.51.png

So can someone from Shopify staff PM me so I can submit Proof of purchase for the domain and also screenshot of the domain provider dashboard with my details.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. How are you keeping today? 

I'd be happy to assist with this. Are you looking to disconnect a domain that is linked to an old store? What is the MyShopify URL for that old store, and I can email the account owner of that store for further information about disconnecting that domain immediately. Alternatively, if you no longer have access to the email address that is on file for that old store, you can share your current MyShopify URL with me, and I'll email the account owner of that new store, requesting the domain dashboard screenshot you mentioned, which would verify ownership of the domain.

Let me know which option suits you best! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
digicommerce
2 0 0

Hey Cal,

Don't have access to the old store email anymore. The new MyShopify URL is: 

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again, 

I've emailed the account owner with more information. As soon as they respond, I will continue investigating this.

Thanks!

0 Likes
krttzxc
5 0 0

Hello Cal,

I am encountering the same error when I am trying to connect my recently purchased domain. I have not used it for any other Shopify stores. Please also send me an email, thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Hi @krttzxc! How are you? I'd be happy to assist with this. Could you confirm the MyShopify URL of the store that you are looking to connect your domain to? 

Did you purchase the domain from a third-party domain host? 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
krttzxc
5 0 0

Hi Cal,

The Shopify store is tech-esquina.myshopify.com

Yes, we bought the domain name from a third party domain host - GoDaddy. 

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Perfect @krttzxc, I've sent the account owner an email requesting further information on this. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
krttzxc
5 0 0
Hi Cal,

We have replied to your email. Thanks!
0 Likes