'A store with this name already exists'

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Shopify Support Team, I have a query about a domain I purchased. The domain I purchased was www.saveyourposture.com and my current domain is https://clearchoice-accessories.myshopify.com. However, upon buying the domain, I had my Shopify store connected to the wrong email address. The email address I wanted it connected with is saveyourpostureshop@gmail.com however it was registered with saveyourposture@gmail.com. The latter is not my email address. This was a result of confusion over trying to set up a FaceBook store. I have tried contacting saveyourposture@gmail.com but I have had no response. I fear as though they verified the domain as theirs and essentially took advantage of my error. Upon trying to transfer domain, it says 'this domain is linked to another store'. This further makes me think they verified it as their domain. I have proof of purchase of the domain and proof of account authenticity. If there is anything you can do to help it would be highly appreciated, although I understand during these tough times it can be hard. 

Thanks, Rorie Williams
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 100 244

Hey there, Rorie 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I would have to recommend reaching out to our support team directly through our Help Centre or on Twitter @ShopifySupport with account sensitive issues such as this as we will need to authenticate you as the owner of the account to take a look into this and assist you. I have gone ahead and reached out to you directly via email. 

Speak Soon,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes