Solved

ADDING PAYMENT ICON TO FOOTER SECTION

pal2
13 0 0

Hi i want to add payment icon to footer tempelate as shown in the screenshot i musing venture boxer theme.. any help will be highly appreciable

Screenshot (25).png

Accepted Solution (1)

Tapani
Shopify Partner
3 2 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @pal2,

Venture (like other free Shopify -themes) shows the payment icons determined by your payment settings automatically. So when you have enabled some payment methods, they should be automatically visible in the footer. If they are not, check that the setting is enabled by navigating to the Theme -> Customize -> Footer and checking the box that says "Show payment icons".

You can also edit Liquid to show the desired icons without enabling the actual payment settings. Instructions can be found here, if you are comfortable editing code: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/store/add-credit-card-icons

Shopify Partner - Sidian

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)

Tapani
Shopify Partner
3 2 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @pal2,

Venture (like other free Shopify -themes) shows the payment icons determined by your payment settings automatically. So when you have enabled some payment methods, they should be automatically visible in the footer. If they are not, check that the setting is enabled by navigating to the Theme -> Customize -> Footer and checking the box that says "Show payment icons".

You can also edit Liquid to show the desired icons without enabling the actual payment settings. Instructions can be found here, if you are comfortable editing code: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/store/add-credit-card-icons

Shopify Partner - Sidian
Melie
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hi

I have the same problem - I’m using Dawn and the payment option icons don’t show. I use quickpay and maybe that is the problem? All the icons disappeared when I changed from Shopify payment to Quickpay. Can you help me?

Melie

scentfolio
Tourist
14 0 1

This solution worked for my free theme refresh. I edited the code in footer as per the help file. Thank you. 

pal2
13 0 0

I have followed the instruction both shopify panel even with coding .but itz not appearing at allScreenshot (26).png

Freddie
Shopify Staff (Retired)
242 8 59

Hi there,

Freddie here from the Shopify Support team, happy to help out.

If you've tried following the instructions outlined in those documents and it's still not working for you, we can have a look for you if you are using the Venture theme as it's supported by Shopify! You'll just need to send in an email to support@shopify.com so we can check out your store and possibly escalate this issue up to our Theme Support team for further help. Once you send in that email, feel free to comment back here what your ticket number is so I can locate your email to look into this for you!

Best regards,

Freddie
Shopify Support - support@shopify.com

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

anisonashes
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hi Freddie,

I am facing the same problem. Could you please confirm if the provided instructions work for free themes? I cannot locate the code in the coding panel as provided in the instructions. Please provide your suggestions on this.

Best,

Sam

technocrat_ttc
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

This step is simple maybe you are just missing a single line of action.

You can get someone on this to help you faster on a freelancing platform

We make Shopify store better and generate more sales
anisonashes
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

You were right, techno. I missed a simple step and finally found it out myself. 

Thanks for your response anyway.

RaulD
Tourist
5 0 0

I have the same problem.

I've changed the code according to the guide, but it didn't work. Theme is Brooklyn.

I have added a printscreen of the code, if someone can tell whether there is something wrong in it.

Thanks

code screen.jpg

kalis_media
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

Hello RaulD,

I'm not sure, but maybe you can try to remove dashes in {%- endfor -%} just after </li> closing tag? Try to change it to {% endfor %} .

Alternative solution can be provided by an app in Shopify App store that can help you with customizing the icons in footer. You can try it out. Look for Custom Payment Icons.

fatih1tg
4 0 0

hi iam having the same problem. have you solved it and if so can you help me on that

sajjad
Visitor
1 0 0

i m using supply theme. I enabled payment check box from footer but no icons are showing. Can some one help me for same??