ATTN All Shopify Stores - 2015 UPS/Fedex changes will drastically change your shipping charges and you may be losing money until Shopify updates are made

Highlighted
Trailblazer
620 0 70

Yeah, I just lost $115.80 on a heavy shipment solely because of this.

And with your 'Bump' keep in mind that as Shopify likes to point out, this is the USER forum.  They don't always look here and even if they do, have total deniability if they decide not to answer.  

WRITE THEM!

John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
46 0 26

They always tell me to write here and the devs read these... we need to make sure this stays on top of the list and gets addressed ASAP

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
46 0 26

Bump for others still losing money everyday...

1 Like
Highlighted
Trailblazer
620 0 70

To make a feature request truly count click on the button below to create a feature request email. In the subject line use "Feature Request". The feature requests through this channel are looked at by the developers. A random post in this USER forum will likely go completely unnoticed and thus be a fruitless waste of calories to type out your post.

It takes only a moment. Use the big blue button, it's shiny, it's pretty, you can click on it.

Forget what a 'guru' tells you.  That is the official stance posted at the very top of this forum.

I say again, WRITE THEM!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
46 0 26

Again... already have... I suggest everyone reading respond AND write them then...

We are still losing $100's PER DAY on shipping... this needs to be fixed!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
1137 0 121

Have you looked at the ability to add a % to the calculated charges in the UPS settings in admin? I don't have FedEx activated. But for UPS, I see one can up the returned amount a certain percent. At least until a more elegant solution comes about, perhaps that is a means of stemming your losses.

http://www.StandoutDesigns.com ::: Solid Wood TV Furniture for Enthusiasts. Made in USA.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
620 0 70

Unfortunately that does not work standoutd.  I've found I would have to add 50% -100 % for the larger orders to get even close and that just is unacceptable to me over charging most of customers for the sake of a few.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
46 0 26

Agree.. Yes we already have had those markups in place to cover handling charges..and yes even if you tweak those, you have to make a few hundred % to even get it close to the actual rates... problem then is the destination, international would show some crazy price then of hundreds of dollars for a few pound item...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
46 0 26

If you only ship large products you most likely have already adjusted your products and you may not notice the difference... its the small items typically over 3lbs that really bite you..  did one today.. system charged like $10 for east coast, and cheapest shipping method was over $50   ON ONE ORDER!!!  x all the orders you have in the day, you lose your ass

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
46 0 26

BUMP

0 Likes