Abandoned Cart

2 0 0

Hello everyone, 

I have a question about abandoned carts. My Shopify Admin Homepage shows 4 items added to cart in the last 14 days. When I go into metrics and search for this data, it shows 0 ATC in the last 14 days. I also am running an app for abandoned cart recovery and that is showing no abandoned carts in the last 14 days. 

Here are some images of what I mean. I am pretty confused here. I'm unsure if something isn't synced properly or another issue. 

ATC 2.JPGATC Metrics.JPG

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 22 36

Hi, @eKing20.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Based on what you've described here, it sounds like 4 items were added to the cart, but the customer(s) did not proceed to the checkout. If that's the case, the analytics data is displaying accurate information. Abandoned checkouts are triggered when a customer has not only added an item to the cart, but proceeded to the second stage of the checkout process (after they've added their contact information).

The system recognizes when items have been added to the cart and keeps track of which items were added so that you can get a glimpse at what customers are interested in, but abandoning the cart page and abandoning the checkout are recorded separately so that you can see how far each customer gets in the purchasing process. You can find more details on the data in the Overview dashboard here. Let me know if you have any questions!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 0

Hi Sophia, 

That actually make s a lot of sense. I dint't think that those are actually two-different metrics. Do you have any advice that would help customers decide to move from ATC to Checkout?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 22 36

Hi, @eKing20!

It's tough to say why customers abandon the cart page to begin with since each situation is unique, but there are definitely a few things you can do to encourage customers to continue to the next step and to ultimately complete a purchase.

A lot of the decision can be based on how the product is presented and whether there is either something unique about the product or brand, or a sense of urgency pushing the customer to purchase now. I recommend checking out the following blog posts to help you better understand customer behaviour and even run some tests to find out what works best for your store:

If you'd like to, feel free to start a topic in the Feedback On My Store board where you can share your store link to get advice from other merchants, Shopify Partners and Experts, and developers in the community about what you might be able to adjust and test.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes