Abandoned cart because of payment failure. How can I view the error?

7 0 0

Hi,
I have a customer that attempted to do a purchase. They experienced some problems with the payment and as such were unable to complete the transaction. The only record of this for me is the abandoned cart entry. Is there a way to see what exactly transpired? Where would I find the error, log, or whatever to be able to answer my customers question about making the purchase? Any advice would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
175 24 27

Hello, @bahemut!

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to our Community.

You are able to see more details about the payment transaction by going to ‘Orders > Abandoned Checkouts’. Choose the order and scroll down the page to the History section. 

From here you can see the transaction information. Clicking on the payment event will expand it to show the status of the payment, and any additional information from the gateway determining the reason for the failed transaction.

To learn more about this and how to help your customer recover their checkout, I recommend reading our Help Doc on Recovering Abandoned Checkouts.

If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know. I'm here to help.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Use Rejoiner to collect emails from users who abandon cart and reach out with time based offers. You can find out directly from your customer this way and then re-sell. I don't understand the payment error your customer got, but you should consider a switch to a credit card processor like BluePay. 

Wondering how to get more sales? Wondering how some people make millions of dollars in sales yearly? The answer - EMAIL COPYWRITING. Lame ass email copy won't sell jack shit. Hire a team of expert copywriters for the price of one. https://cutt.ly/vruA570
0 Likes