Abandoned cart rate

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, my store is AllArtApparel.com, I’ve attached a photo of my conversion numbers. I’m wondering if my abandon cart rate is high, seems like it’s around 70% is that avg, high, low?  I’m wondering if my customers are getting to checkout and seeing something they don’t like or just last minute decide they don’t want to purchase. Any tips, suggestions on how to improve my conversion rates? Really appreciate any feedback.

C72A6CE6-051D-45A1-82E0-6D625ED9F375.jpeg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 47 96

Hey, @Dee1122 

Identifying holes in your conversion funnel can be tricky to isolate with limited data since there are so many factors that come into play. For starters, is your current conversion funnel rates in relation to total traffic noticeable lower than previous weeks/months?

Also, in your analytics, you are able to see traffic by landing page. This is a good useful insight as it will see what pages the majority of your traffic is landing on first. Which will help assess why visitors may not be converting. Also, if you are running any paid advertising, the answer to your conversion troubles may have to do with the quality of traffic relative to your ideal customer demographics.

With that said, I've compiled a few of my favourite resources for boosting your conversion rate:

1. 5 Psychological Design Tactics to Improve Your Conversions 
  2. Subtle Tricks To Tweak Your Checkout Pages 
  3. The Easy Upsell - How to Setup "You are $X Away From Free Shipping" Message On Shopify - This is a great hack if you offer free shipping over a certain order cost. The message will automatically update as the customer adds products to the cart and gets closer to meeting the Free shipping threshold.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes