About Inventory Quantity - I don't really know how to word this.

RealBluntcard
Tourist
14 0 0

Hello!

So, here's what I'm doing. I'm creating products as they are ordered which means I have a stock of blank products. So let's say I have 100 blank coasters, and 50 coaster designs for sale. Someone orders 10 different designs. I make them and now I have 90 blank coasters left in inventory. Rather than entering an amount of inventory for each coaster design, can I enter an amount of inventory, example 100,  that is pulled from every time someone orders a different coaster?

Is this possible?? Or do I have to assign an amount of inventory to each product?

Thanks so much for any input!

0 Likes
satsinghrana
Shopify Partner
194 17 36

Hello @RealBluntcard 

Greetings!

You can just add the coster designs as an option (Choose design: Design 1 with picture, Design 2 with picture, Design 3 with picture so on for 50 designs) in the product, And for product you can keep the innovatory to 100, While user order the coaster they select the quantity and the coster design from the option (Not as a variant). it will resolve your problem. However it required some customisation for that you can take help from a developer. Or I can help you with this.

Cheers!

Please Like and Accept Solution if it helps you.
Get Support for Customization right away CLICK ME TO GET HELP NOW.
Our Shopify Apps: HERE
0 Likes
RealBluntcard
Tourist
14 0 0

I want to be able to list each coaster design as an individual product. 

It looks like there isn't a practical solution to this so I'll just have to deal with it.

0 Likes
satsinghrana
Shopify Partner
194 17 36

There is a solution to every problem, If y ou want to list every coaster as an individual product then you need to set the inventory to not track.

Then here an custom app can help you to set a global inventory fp ex 100 total balnk coasters for all the products, whenever any product sold the inventory will be reduced from that global invantory amount.

Dose this make sence? or I can expain it more to you.

Cheers!

Please Like and Accept Solution if it helps you.
Get Support for Customization right away CLICK ME TO GET HELP NOW.
Our Shopify Apps: HERE
0 Likes