Can freelancers access basic Shopify plan for store setup?

aaron1105
Visitor
1 0 0

I recently hired a freelancer on Upwork to help me with my Shopify. I have the most basic Shopify plan. I assigned my freelancer as a staff account under permissions. 

The freelancer attempted to login and do several tasks for me:

1. Change the theme to a custom theme. 

2. Set up IG

3. Change banners, etc.

The freelancer is stating they do not have access and provided the attached. They gave me a link where I could find out more on how to give them access:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shopify-plus/users/user-roles

That link refers to a "shopify plus" plan. I looked into this and it appears to be an Enterprise plan you have to fill out a contact form in order to get a callback. 

It seems like I am doing this all wrong. There should be a way to give a freelancer basic admin access to change a theme, set up different apps,etc. 

Can someone let me know the most basic way? I really only need the basic Shopify plan for setting up a small store. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 11.13.22 AM.png

Replies 2 (2)

inspirador
Shopify Partner
16 1 5

Hi @aaron1105,

For your 3 tasks, your freelancer doesn't need more than Staff Access. The link you posted is for Shopify Partners, a 2000 USD/month subscription you most likely won't need.

Basic plan
Then go to > Settings > Plans & Permissions > Staff Accounts > add your freelancer to full access (or whatever you decide).

Take care.

espejojoice23
Visitor
1 0 0

This will be helpful in the future. Thanks for posting. 

my personal website