Accessing Shopify Carrier Service Logs

Soldier
6 0 0

Hi Shopify Experts/Staff,

We have implemented a 3rd party Carrier service API. In 99% of the cases, the customers are able to see the responses sent by our app. However, there are some 1% of customers see error message that says, "one or more items can't be shipped to your address". 

We verified our logs at our end and did not see any errors. Does shopify maintain the carrier service API logs so that we can verify what response shopify is getting while calling our endpoint?

Thanks.

0 Likes
saivismitha
Shopify Partner
137 7 29

Hello @Soldier,

As you are saying 1% of the customers see the message “one or more items can’t be shipped to your address”, this error message is due to the reason like the shipping carrier service is not available in their locality(remote area) even though the zip code of that locality is added under the shipping zone.

Shopify maintains the carrier service API logs only when integrated with third-party shipping carrier apps.

If you want to find the exact error under the “error message” in the Shopify store you can request the XML response, which detects the error and displays the error in the text.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Soldier
6 0 0

Hi Smitha,

Thanks for replying. 

Ours is a third party shipping carrier app. Is it possible to access those API logs then? If then, can you let me know how?

Also, can you let me know how to go about requesting the XML response?

Thanks.

0 Likes
saivismitha
Shopify Partner
137 7 29

Hey @Soldier,

As I am not sure about the app which you are using now, it would be better to contact the app’s support team directly to know if this feature is available or not.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Soldier
6 0 0

Thank you!

0 Likes