Accessing payments

HighMinds
1 0 0

When I first get a sale do I have to wait until the order is fulfilled in order to access it ? I wanted to use part of the money to pay the print on demand and just keep the rest

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
960 57 151

Hey, @HighMinds

Thanks for your question. It sounds like you want to know when you would receive a payout after an order is made on your store, and that you’re using a print on demand service.

Typically, you don’t have to wait for an order to be fulfilled to access payment. Once an order has been paid by a customer, you should receive a payout depending on your payment provider's terms. To find out who your payment provider is, you can login to your Shopify admin, and click on "Settings > Payments" and you'll see a list of the payment providers that your store is currently using. I suggest checking out our getting paid guide to see what the workflow looks like when a customer pays through a specific payment method, and how you would get paid.

Can I get you to help me answer these questions so that I can help you further:

1. What payment provider are you using? The reason I ask, is because with most payment providers (such as Shopify Payments, our in-house payment provider), after an order is paid for, you will receive a payout into your merchant account based on the payment provider’s payout schedule. 
  2. Who is your print on demand supplier? If you could pass me their name, I can take a look at what resources we have available and pass on their information to you to connect with them if you have questions for their services. Print on demand providers aren’t original to Shopify’s platform and are developed by third-party providers, so they would be outside our scope of support. I recommend reaching out to them to ask about making a payment if you haven’t yet.

Talk soon,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes