Account Verification, Date of Birth, Not able to submit the info

AnteNaslund
Visitor
2 0 1
Hi, 

I submitted a document of my (store owner) driver's license as an ID yesterday.  Today it this message appeared. Shopify Store:
Skärmavbild 2020-10-07 kl. 12.19.25.png

  

Skärmavbild 2020-10-07 kl. 12.12.28.png
"Due to regulatory changes in your country, you need to submit additional details about your business before October 28th to continue accepting payments. You will be unable to accept payments from your customers if you do not submit the details."  on my Shopify homepage. 

My "Personal details of the account opener" one digit is incorrect don't know if I might have made a mistake filling it in at some point). I've tried changing it multiple times but it doesn't save when I hit submit. 

I'm not able to change it for some reason. 

This is very frustrating and frightening since it says if I don't lave the information I won't be able to receive payments. BUT I'M NOT ABLE TO LEAVE THE INFORMATION??

I'm the store owner and CEO of my company, a legit company registered in Sweden. We've been very happy with Shopify so far and we want to continue using the platform. Please help us with this matter asap! 

And I've tried contacting Shopify to get an answer my them, but I cannot find an email or phone number. They had a support email but when I tried emailing them it autoreplied "no longer in use". Anyone who knows how to get in contact with them if the stupid help center doesn't help me? 

Thanks. 

Kind regards,

Replies 7 (7)

AnteNaslund
Visitor
2 0 1

when I try to input the correct date of birth this appears: 

Skärmavbild 2020-10-07 kl. 20.45.51.png

SSHIN
Visitor
1 0 0

US format for dates:  Month / Day /Year   1/1/2020 is January 1st, 2020.

DymaxionGroove
Tourist
5 0 0

That's the worst possible example of a date format as January 1st is 1/1 and those numbers are interchangeable.

If the date is February 5th 2022 then the format would be 2/5/2022. In this example there is no room for confusion.

DogsWorld
Visitor
1 0 0

I received the same message but when i upload my ID and Utility bill and click on submit it, it brings me to the payments settings.

CescaTether
Visitor
2 0 1

Does anyone even know why Shopify are suddenly asking us to submit these documents?

kimhawkins
Visitor
2 0 1

I've been emailing backwards and forwards to Shopify for days about this - I have a non-VAT registered company and am a sole trader in the UK. Nothing I have sent (tax returns, HMRC identity documents etc.) seems to satisfy Shopify who have given me (and everyone else I guess) around 14 days to get this done before they begin refunding customers' payments and stopping my payments. They have already suspended payouts that I believe are legally mine as goods have been sent. This will essentially put me out of business. 

DISGRACEFUL. I'm looking at swapping to ShopWired - at least they are in the UK and may offer a better level of customer support. Shopify STINK on this matter.

DymaxionGroove
Tourist
5 0 0

Same problem here, "To continue accepting payments, you need to submit some additional details about your business."

I've updated this multiple times and it keeps popping back up. I'm enjoying all the new features on Shopify but would love to see these kinds of bugs fixed. They are business-critical as they relate to accepting payment.