Account been accesd and approved misc app that charges. I did not approve it as the admin.

Solved
Deki
1 0 0

So I have received emails regarding my Shopify store, I do not know who hacked into my account for these apps to do recurring charges to my shop, I have deleted the app straight away and also deleted my Shopify store, does it mean it will still charge me. (I have tried emailing Shopify or chat in this matter, but it always redirects me back to the community page. So I am posting here)

Here is what it says on my email. (I have deleted the app and also deleted the shop.) Any help is much appreciated. 

You‘ve approved a recurring charge for an app with a 7 day free trial.
App name
smsGO
Charge name
Standard
Charge approval date
October 12, 2020
Trial duration
7 days
First charge date
October 19, 2020
Charge amount
$19.99 every 30 days (test charge)
Approved usage limit
Up to $300.00 every 30 days
Recurring charges will not apply until after the free trial period.

This is a standard package

Once the trial ends, you will be charged $19.99 USD every 30 days and up to $300.00 USD in usage charges. If you cancel before October 19, 2020 the recurring charge will not apply.

Usage charges may apply during the free trial period.

Also second email

You‘ve approved an app with a usage limit of $300.00 USD every 30 days.
App name
smsGO
Charge name
Basic
Charge approval date
October 12, 2020
Approved usage limit
Up to $300.00 every 30 days
By using smsGO, you have agreed to pay-per-use charges following these terms:

This is a basic package
These pay-per-use charges will not go over a maximum amount of $300.00 per month.

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1993 148 425

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Deki

That is definitely alarming, so I'm glad you were able to log in and remove the apps to ensure you weren't charged for the unauthorized apps. You've taken the right steps so far; however, given that someone was able to install and approve app charges it does indicate that your account may be compromised. In this case, I would highly recommend the following: 

1. Reset your Shopify password, and enable Two-Step Authentication (Be sure to save your backup codes in a secure area)
  2. Reset the password for your email account 

Compromised accounts typically stem from the email account being compromised so it's best to take the extra step of precaution to remove any unauthorized access to both your email and Shopify store. What we can do from here is review the store to ensure the app charges are removed, and investigate the unauthorized access. In order to do this, I will need to verify the store via email, so if you can reply to my email titled "Shopify Forum Support" then I can help get this reviewed ASAP. 

In the future, if you do need immediate support, I would recommend logging in and heading to our help centre here. You'll need to enter in your question, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "Contact Support" - From here you'll be shown the available contact methods to connect with our support teams. If you have any issues accessing the support options then you'll want to try another browser, try Google Chrome Incognito mode, or try clearing your browser's cache/cookies. You can also reach out to us on Facebook and Twitter

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
armsfamily
1 0 0

Hi Peter. Our account has been hacked and they reset our banking information. We've reset our passwords but we cannot change the banking information because we do not know the banking information they put in. Can you please help????!!! All of our money is going to go to them if we don't get this fixed asap! Thanks

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1993 148 425

@armsfamily 

I have sent you an email to help get this reviewed. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes