Action required: Shopify is requesting a document from you

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi - I got the following message from Shopify and accidentally didn't upload all of them at once. How can I submit my other documents?

Hello,

First off, congratulations on the growth of your business!

As part of our compliance procedures and as your payment processor/acquiring bank we, the Shopify Risk Team, need some information from you to verify some of your account details. Don't worry, this is just a standard review which adheres to our agreed terms of services https://www.shopify.ca/legal/terms-payments-us (Section B. Getting a Service Account). We know that it may take some time to collate all these documents which is why we’ve given a 7 day grace period to get these documents and send them through to us.

Here’s what you need to do:

Visit your store's admin:

https://onelesscase.com/admin
to securely upload the following documents before Sep 11, 2020 to avoid any disruptions to your payouts:

Photo ID - Front

Government-issued ID (e.g. passport or driver's license)

Photo ID - Back

Back of Government-issued ID (e.g. passport or driver's license)

Proof of business association

Business license, business registration documents (with company number) or business tax filing record

Proof of Inventory

Dated invoices from supplier outlining quantities or dated manufacturing agreement

Please note these useful tips when submitting documents to avoid going back and forth for clear documentation:

- Please upload all documents (you will not be able to submit additional documents at a later date).
- Make sure the entire document is fully visible and not cut off.
- Make sure any invoices contain the vendor/supplier name address and the date when you were invoiced.
- If you are a sole trader please upload personal bank statements to substitute business bank statements.
- Please submit the front and back images of government drivers licences/licenses and ID cards separately.
- If you’re submitting a passport, you’ll only need to submit the biometrics page.
- Please upload only jpeg, doc[x] or PDF files.

All of your documents will be handled securely, according to our privacy policy: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy

We're here to help. Leave a comment or contact our 24/7 Shopify Support team with any questions you have.

Thanks for choosing Shopify Payments! We look forward to helping you grow your business.

- The Shopify Risk Team

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
456 50 97

Hi @onelesscase,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

If you've not provided all the required documents the Risk team may reach out to you by email or may simply reopen the portal for you. I'd recommend having another look in your store admin to ensure that hasn't already happened.

If there's any documentation you cannot provide for whatever reason, please explain what and why in the comments section!

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other question.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hey Hyde - they were able to reopen the portal. 2 quick questions:

Business license, business registration documents (with company number) or business tax filing record

CAN THIS BE OUR BUSINESS W9 WITH EIN? OR DO YOU WANT OUR IRS LETTER THAT ASSIGNED US OUR EIN?

Proof of Inventory

Dated invoices from supplier outlining quantities or dated manufacturing agreement

IT CURRENTLY ONLY ALLOWS US TO UPLOAD 1 INVOICE. WE HAVE 3 INVOICES WITH OUR PROOF OF INVENTORY (FROM 3 DIFFERENT ORDERS). SHOULD WE ONLY UPLOAD 1 INVOICE OR HOW CAN WE UPLOAD ALL 3?

Thanks

Jeff

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hey Hyde - they were able to reopen the portal. 2 quick questions:

CAN THIS BE OUR BUSINESS W9 WITH EIN? OR DO YOU WANT OUR IRS LETTER THAT ASSIGNED US OUR EIN?

Proof of Inventory

IT CURRENTLY ONLY ALLOWS US TO UPLOAD 1 INVOICE. WE HAVE 3 INVOICES WITH OUR PROOF OF INVENTORY (FROM 3 DIFFERENT ORDERS). SHOULD WE ONLY UPLOAD 1 INVOICE OR HOW CAN WE UPLOAD ALL 3?

Thanks

Jeff

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
456 50 97

Hey! When it comes to Risk-related questions we would always advise that you direct them to the email you will have received from the Risk team. This is because that team is the best authority on what documents they accept, and it is outside of the remit of standard support.

That said, we usually accept anything official you've received directly from the IRS containing the official IRS logo, your IRS registered business name, EIN, and business address. If you don't have this we often also accept a W9 letter. Incidentally, I would say that if you have multiple documents to upload, it might help to compile them into one PDF and upload them as one document. 

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes