Add comment section in the Checkout Form (Debut Theme)

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
79 1 9

I've already seen plenty of tutorials for adding form fields in the cart page, but I need to add a comment field to the checkout form or shipping method selection page.  Is there any way to do this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
593 33 90

Hi, Jose

Elle here from Shopify. 

As the checkout is highly secure; there's no option to add additional sections or customize the checkout at this time. 

Would you mind explaining further why you do not wish to add the additional note field to the cart page? I can take your feedback to our developers for consideration. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
79 1 9

Hi Elle,

Main reason is because I have two buttons on my product page, the Add to cart, and the Shop Now. Shop Now works as a shortcut that takes you directly to the checkout page without reviewing your cart. I want to add the comment field there so everyone can add comments if needed regardless the button they clicked. The comment field is for especial delivery instructions, and/or info that our customers need to provide for a special kind of invoice that includes the customer tax profile.

Is there some kind of workaround for this? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

I have this same issue,

Did you ever get feedback?

(I want people to be able to put a comment in, as they gift the product to a friend)

(I only have 1 product - a book - so people click 'buy direct' in stead of cart)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Was there an answer for this? 

0 Likes