Add cost price!

Tourist
6 0 1

Hello Shopify team,

How about being able to add the cost price for products in the dashboard for the owners to see. It would be nice to know the cost price for each product next to MSRP and Sale price for each item as well as being able to see it on the admin/products page.

Thanks for your time,

Brill (www.properkix.com)

1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
733 0 50

We'd like to get Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) in versus just adding a Cost field. This is definitely on our roadmap (but likely a few months out).

I work for Shopify.
1 Like
Shopify Expert
3996 14 321

In the meantime.. I have COGS (cost of goods sold) in the Transparent Kitty App for those that just cannot wait... 

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
1 0 1

When is "a few months out" for the COGS functionality, as your post was seven months ago? Thanks for any update you can offer.

What alternatives do you recommend we consider in the meantime? We're currently using VEND with a combination of VEND and Shopify POS interfaces. We'd love to evolve into a single POS interface (and credit card processing solution), but can't do that without COGS and some form of vendor ordering/tracking.

1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
733 0 50

It's still on our roadmap but I can't provide a timeline for when it might be available at this time.

I work for Shopify.
0 Likes
1 0 0

+1 for this.  I would love to have this feature.

Any updates on timing?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
733 0 50

While it is still on the roadmap, it's not currently in development and thus can't provide a timeline as to when this feature will be available.

I work for Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 33

other ecommerce site are offering this availability.  makes it much easier to get a good picture. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Any updates on  "COGS"?  This should a fundamental basic feature.  

0 Likes
3 0 0

Well, we are now 11 months out for the OP, and there is no future in sight for it - and this feature should have been part of the standard offer. I understand that Shopify is big and likely quite busy - well... what are people using for this now? How is Transparent Kitty? Anybody is it successfully?

0 Likes