Add item count number to cart icon in Brooklyn theme

Highlighted
2 0 0

I've been looking for a solution to add an item count to the Brooklyn theme cart icon. When an item is added, I get a colored circle, but no number. At first, I thought perhaps the number was just the same color as the circle and thus is invisible, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Here's a page where you can add products and see the issue: https://amber-vale-home.myshopify.com/collections/wooden-wick-candles

In header.liquid, you can see this code, but not apparent how to add number: <span class="cart-link__bubble{% if cart.item_count > 0 %} cart-link__bubble--visible{% endif %}"></span>

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 23 41

Hi, @ambervale.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

Brooklyn does not come with a number added to the bubble on the cart icon by default, this is a feature that our design team would be able to add onto your store for you. I would be happy to take a look at your store to see if you're eligible for design time according to our design policy listed here: Shopify Design Policy, as supporting specific coding questions is outside of our scope of support on the forums. This policy covers free Shopify themes and different kinds of customizations. You can also view our help doc on Support for themes to find out more about supporting third-party themes and where to get support for customizations outside our design policy, here.

I have sent an email to you to the email address listed on your account. Could you please take a look at your inbox? Once I hear from you, I can take a look at your store and send your request up to our team.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes