Add order notes / gift message to Gift card created notification

KristinW
Excursionist
31 2 4

I'm trying to add the customer's gift message (I enabled order notes on our cart page) to the Gift Card created notification, but am not having luck. 

I tried {{ order.note }} but that didn't work. Can anyone help me? Thank you! Kristin 

0 Likes
Allegra_Designs
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I too am having this issue on a clients storefront. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Likes
hotpenguin
1 0 0

I'm having this issue as well. I've tried multiple ways to display the order note on the "Gift card created" template, located at /admin/email_templates/gift_card_notification/edit but nothing appears to be working. Is the note variable available for this email template?

My code looks like this:

{% if note %}<p><strong>{{ note | newline_to_br }}</strong></p>{% endif %}

This exact same liquid markup works fine on the standard confirmation email, its just the "Gift card created" variant that won't display.

Thanks

0 Likes
ajweb35000
Tourist
12 0 2

Hello community,

I just stumbled across your search and I also have the same.

Indeed in the email notifications for Gift Cards the code {{note}} is not spotted.

Which is annoying because customers who buy a gift card by sending directly to the email of their choice, the word is not displayed.

Ditto on the page https://checkout.shopify.com/gift_cards/ it would be interesting for this tag to be recognized because it would allow the customer's word to be added and it to be visible in printing under the code of the virtual gift card.

Can you bring this point up and help us gurus on this?

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
KristinW
Excursionist
31 2 4

Our current work around is for a separate gift card message field on the product page and notification. Its not perfect - if a customer fills out the gift card message field they still see a blank order gift note field, which could be confusing (for some reason that part 2nd part of #1 wouldn't work but our gift card volume is pretty low). We are on Palo Alto - but in case this helps anyone -

1. Snippets > ajax-cart-template.liquid
    Lines 79 - 99:
    {% comment %} Loop through cart to see if there is a gift card {% endcomment %}
    {% assign is_gift_card = false %} {%- for item in cart.items -%} {% if item.product.title contains 'Gift Card' %} {% assign is_gift_card = true %} {% endif %} {% endfor %}
    {% comment %} Only show cart note if there is not a gift product in the cart {% endcomment %}
    {% unless is_gift_card %} <div> <textarea name="note" class="input-full" placeholder='{{ 'cart.general.note' | t }}' rows="4" id="CartSpecialInstructions">{{ note }}</textarea> </div> {% endunless %} {% endif %}
  2. Snippets > product-form.liquid
    Lines 107 - 113:
    {% comment %} Added to show input for gift card notes so it can appear on gift card email notification {% endcomment %}
    {% if product.title contains 'Gift Card' %} <div class="variants-wrapper"> <label for="gift-card-message">Gift Card Note</label> <input id="gift-card-message" type="text" name="properties[message]"> </div> {% endif %}
  3. Templates > gift_card.liquid
    {% comment %} Adding gift card notes from product page {% endcomment %}
    {% if gift_card.properties.message %} <div id="gift-card-notes"> Gift Note: {{ gift_card.properties.message }} </div> {% endif %}

0 Likes
ajweb35000
Tourist
12 0 2

Hello
Thanks for your experience,

In our case it's a little different indeed, we would quite simply like the customers_notes to be easily integrated when opening the gift card for example, or even in the order confirmation which is unfortunately not the case.

Beautiful day

0 Likes