Add to Cart Button is going to the wrong page after clicking

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I'm running the Debut theme. The Add to Cart Button is setup to Stay on the Same Page after adding the item to the cart. The item gets added to the cart, but the page that is then displayed is a completely different product.

Sue

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
407 17 52

Hi, @SueHanen 

Elle here from Shopify. 

I'd be happy to help you out with this issue. Would you be able to share your store's URL so I can take a look at your site?

Also, can you let me know the following:

- Approximately when did this issue start?

- Have you made any code changes recently? If so, what theme file(s) were modified? 

- Have you added or removed any apps around the time this issue appeared?

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

Cheers,

Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
407 17 52

Thanks, @SueHanen!

Your site seems to be highly customized so it's likely that the issue with the add to cart button on your homepage has to do with the modifications made to the Debut template. Did you have a developer make these changes for you? 

I would highly recommend utilizing the sections within the Debut theme to customize your homepage. This will result in a much better user experience for your customers. With sections, you can link phots, text, products and collections to the homepage with ease. 

We have a helpful video which will show you how to customize sections on your storefront here. 

Let me know what you think!

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes