Adding Collections

pearlelephant
1 0 0

Hello,

I'm begining to pull my hair out with this setup.  I've watched youtube videos over and over and I'm still missing something. I have my products in, but when I try to get them under the Collection, they don't make it.  I would LOVE to talk to a REAL person to see what I'm doing wrong,  but to date have not had any help.  I thought 24/7 support with shopify would at least give me a live chat, or a phone number for support.

Is there anyone willing to actaully chat with me about what step I'm missing so I can get my online store up and running?

Thanks so much!

Tammy Trost

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
745 53 90

Hi, Tammy.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I'm sorry to hear that adding products to collections has been frustrating for you so far, and I hope that I can make the process easier. If you would prefer to discuss this via live chat, email, or callback, you can contact our team any time through the Shopify Help Center, though I'm more than happy to help you here.

There are two different types of collections you can create in the admin. I recommend sticking to Shopify's help documents and tutorial videos, as our team will work to ensure these are always up to date:

Manual collections allow you to hand-pick the products you want to add. Any products added to a manual collection list should show up in the admin as soon as they're added, but if they're missing from the same collection page on your store (from the customer's perspective), that may indicate that some products aren't yet set to available for the Online Store. You can also double check that the collection is set to available.

Automated collections are different in that they will only include products that match the conditions you've set. For example, you can set a condition that states all products with the tag t-shirt will be pulled into the collection. All products you'd like to include in the collection would therefore would need to have the tag t-shirt applied before they show up.

Can you tell me a bit more about the type of collection you created (manual or automated), and, if automated, which conditions you set up? I look forward to your reply.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes