Adding Extended Warranty Options

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello all, I have a drone website. Dallas Drone Depot. I offer extended warranties on all of my products. There are different options for different price levels. Such as; I offer a 1 and 2 year plan and the price changes depending on how much you want coverage for. The increments are 100, 200, 250, 500, 750, etc.

I would like to offer these as an option on the product pages and as a last minute cart add. 

My question, is there an easy way to do this other than editing every single product and adding variants?

The later would take me quite a while to complete. Is there an app that can help? Thanks

www.dallasdronedepot.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 74

Hey, Michael!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. :) 

My instinct would be to create a product called 'Extended Warranty' and then add variants to that product for each year and increment. After you've done that, you can use a product upselling app to add a prompt to customers on the product page. 

In particular, I'd check out Product Upsell because it's free for 30 days and will give you a lot of flexibility, but you can get a full range of options if you search upsell in our app store

Let me know if I can lend a hand with anything else!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

I also need this one. Thanks so much!

Commission Bullseye Review - The Easiest Way To Get More Sales In Ecommerce
Read more: http://janniz-review.com/commission-bullseye-review/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Hi Michael,

We have just launched an app called Candy Rack through which you can offer an extended warranty for any product. You set the length and price. 

Hope it helps!

Tomas from Digismoothie

Offer extra services to your customers via beautiful pop-up https://apps.shopify.com/candyrack
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

If you create an additional product for the warranty, is there a way to hide this from the product selections, and still have it available to upsell during checkout?

@Savannah_F wrote:

Hey, Michael!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. :) 

My instinct would be to create a product called 'Extended Warranty' and then add variants to that product for each year and increment. After you've done that, you can use a product upselling app to add a prompt to customers on the product page. 

In particular, I'd check out Product Upsell because it's free for 30 days and will give you a lot of flexibility, but you can get a full range of options if you search upsell in our app store

Let me know if I can lend a hand with anything else!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes