Adding Facebook Microdata Tags for Catalogs to my theme

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 3

Hi all!

I think that a lot of people are having some issue with the whole Facebook/Shopify integration in order to have the pixel firing the correct data. My biggest issues and the one i see coming back is that : This pixel is not paired with any product catalog. Please associate this pixel with a catalog using the Catalog Manager at https://www.facebook.com/products/.  

Following the FB info about the subject :https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1175004275966513

I would just like to know how to correctly implement this adding either the opengraph or Schema.org

Thank for the help! All imput is appreciated.

Highlighted

Hi Bobby,

This problem is related to associating the Pixel with your product catalog in your business, to fix that:

1. https://business.facebook.com/settings/product-catalogs
  2. (Settings page)
  3. (Choose "Product Catalogs" on the left pane)
  4. Select the relevant product catalog
  5. Click "Associate Pixels" button
  6. Associate pixels with your product catalog

That should fix it, and you'll be able to work with Dynamic ads

When working with dynamic Facebook ads make sure your ads investment leads to getting value, and till then, learning who is your most likely to purchase audience by capturing the people who visited your store, added to cart and purchased, try using Facebook ads with our new Smart Ads app to help you get there fast from your first audience targeting to full optimization: https://apps.shopify.com/my-smart-ads - creates professional dynamic collection ads and slider ads with products catalog on Facebook for your store and help you with constantly improving your sales with introducing better new learning audiences.

Good Luck!

Sam

Your Digital Facebook Ads Expert - Smart Ads app automatically create and scale profitable Facebook Dynamic Ads campaigns
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 2

Quick and easiest way here:

https://feedarmy.com/kb/shopify-microdata-for-google-shopping/

I found this tutorial is easy to follow and good news is it's fixing both issue from facebook and google shopify app too

Highlighted
3 0 0

This doesn't fix it for me.

I am havign such troubles with my product catalouge 

it was pulling through old items that I had deleted and I couldn't see a way to update my cataloge so i deleted the whole thing and now I cannot get my products back at all.

It says that my pixel is "not ready" when it is installed correctly on my shopify store.

I am starting to panic as Q4 is so important for my ads.

thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

This helped me to add the missing metadata for the productId.

Still having issues connecting Shopify products to Facebook Catalog using Pixel as it continues to show: Pixel Not Ready on Facebook Catalog Creator.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I added associate pixel on my catalog but when I go to catalog it doesn't show any products 

Here is my website https://wonderwomanzilla.com

You can check my website and let me know the possible solutions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 7

Same issues here.  Shopify Says "I am 100% sure that everything is perfect on the Shopify side of things :) And Facebook support are the right person to fix this for you :) If they need anything from kindly let us know and we are willing to cooperate :) Trust me :)"  And are polite and timely but just point the finger at FB

FB said that it is an issue with the way Shopify sends them the Data.  It's a circle of finger pointing for 2 almost 3 weeks.  I have not been able to advertise or make any sales via social channels and missed the Holiday season due to this.  Very frustrating.

Pixel Helper Chrome plugin just showed the same info.  

Products Are Missing From Your Catalogs
Retargeting ads can't run for 1 out of 1 product views on this page, because the products people have viewed are missing from your catalogs.Learn more
Investigate in Catalog Manager
CUSTOM PARAMETERS SENT
content_type: product_group
content_ids: [4422895730741]
value: 23.00
content_name: Show
currency: USD
content_category: tshirt

I deleted my Facebook shop waited 48 hours and then re-added it as per Shopify support.  It was still broken.

My shop is connected and enabled on the Facebook Account section but in the individual items it states "Facebook Shop is not connected. Select a Facebook Page to use this sales channel. "

My pixel trouble shooting tool said it's fine.

However when I go to add the pixel in FB Catalogs it states that the Pixel "is not read"  and "To use this pixel you need to install required microdata tags on your website. Learn more about"

The link to paste the script using JSON in this thread did not fix or break anything.

I picked Shopify because I'm not a frontend enginner.  I do not code in Javascript or HTML etc.  Does anyone have exp with Wix?  Do they all have the same issues playing with Facebook and Google?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone, 

Did anyone end up having a solution to this problem?  I've had a Facebook Shop, Product Catalogue and Instagram Shopping working Via Shopify in the past, however it stopped working out of the blue, and I cannot resolve this, much to my frustration! 

Pixel is working, product catalog is associated with the account etc... 

I am just unable to add products with pixels as it says the pixel is 'Not Ready' and requires Metadata Tags. 

Any help or updates appreciated!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This problem is still happening right now. And there is no solution from FB or shopify. I think they should work together to solve it since the marketing funnel of social media like FB is becoming important recently. Wish they find out the way.

@CelineRita wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Did anyone end up having a solution to this problem?  I've had a Facebook Shop, Product Catalogue and Instagram Shopping working Via Shopify in the past, however it stopped working out of the blue, and I cannot resolve this, much to my frustration! 

Pixel is working, product catalog is associated with the account etc... 

I am just unable to add products with pixels as it says the pixel is 'Not Ready' and requires Metadata Tags. 

Any help or updates appreciated!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Did this feedarmy code work for anyone? 

0 Likes